Connecticut Recreational Trails Program Grants
Connecticut Department of Energy & Environmental Protection
Grant amount: Up to US $1,000,000
Anticipated deadline: Dec 15, 2018
Applicant type: Indigenous Group Government Entity For-Profit Business Nonprofit College / University Elementary / Secondary School
Funding uses: Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Connecticut
Location of residency: ConnecticutView website Save Need help writing this grant?
DEEP's CT Recreational Trails Grants Program
Established 2015 Per CGS Section 23-103 as amended by Public Act No. 15-190, to provide funding to any private nonprofit organizations, municipalities, state departments and tribal governments in support of trail projects including:
- Planning, design and construction of new trails (motorized and non-motorized).
- Maintenance and restoration of existing trails (motorized and non-motorized).
- Access to trails by persons with disabilities.
- Purchase and lease of trail construction and maintenance equipment.
- Acquisition of land or easements for a trail, or for trail corridors.
- Operation of educational programs to promote safety and environmental protection as related to recreational trails.
Grant amounts vary and will depend upon the availability of currently uncommitted state funds. Requests should be less than 1 million dollars. Grants can pay up to 80% of total project costs, a 20% match is required.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Eligible Applicants:
- Eligible sponsors include private organizations; municipalities; federal, state and regional agencies and other government entities such as tribal.
- Eligible Uses:
- Grants to be used for planning/design, trail corridor acquisition, construction, construction administration, maintenance equipment, amenities and publications/outreach related to bikeways, multi-use trails (including motorized) and water trails (blueways).
- The grant requires a 20% match which can be accrued up to 18 months prior to your contract document finalization.
- Match can be provided as cash or in-kind services.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Connecticut Recreational Trails Program Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.