Connecticut Sea Grant Arts Support Awards Program
Connecticut Sea GrantSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $1,000
Deadline: May 11, 2020 1:30pm PDT
Applicant type: Artist
Funding uses: Project / Program
Location of project: Connecticut
Location of residency: ConnecticutView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Sea Grant works to build bridges between academia, government and the private sector. Sea Grant focuses on environmental, economic, social and education improvements. Sea Grant is committed to solving coastal problems and developing new marine resources.
Connecticut Sea Grant will work towards achieving healthy coastal and marine ecosystems and consequent public benefits by supporting integrated locally and nationally relevant research, outreach and education programs in partnership with stakeholders.
Sea Grant Arts Funding
The Connecticut Sea Grant Arts Funding Program awards up to $1000 to an artist through this competitive funding program. The winning submission will be selected on the basis of its aesthetic quality, relevance to coastal and marine environments and Connecticut Sea Grant themes, as well as its potential impact on non-traditional audiences.
These funds may be used to pay for supplies and other costs associated with producing works of art, exclusive of payment of salary and travel. The funds must be used within one year of receiving the award. Artists will be asked to give permission to Connecticut Sea Grant to use images representing the work in promoting the Arts Support Awards Program’s accomplishments. A written report of the results of creative activities supported by Sea Grant, including visual documentation of the artistic pieces and other outcomes, is required at the conclusion of the project. Projects are expected to be completed within 12 months of funding and recipient(s) will be required to provide interim and final reporting as requested by Connecticut Sea Grant.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Artists or groups of artists who live in Connecticut, or whose work is related to Connecticut’s coastal and marine environments and/or Long Island Sound are eligible for funding consideration.
- All artistic disciplines are eligible.
- Please note that the awardee selected to receive funding derived from the CT DECD Office of the Arts must be a Connecticut resident.
- These funds may be used to pay for supplies and other costs associated with producing works of art, exclusive of payment of salary and travel.
- The funds must be used within one year of receiving the award.
- Previous recipients of Sea Grant Arts Awards are not eligible for five years
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Connecticut Sea Grant Arts Support Awards Program by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.