Connelly Foundation Grant
Connelly FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: US $5,000 - US $300,000
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Project / Program
Location of project: Camden County, New Jersey, Counties in Pennsylvania: Bucks County, Chester County, Delaware County, Montgomery County, Philadelphia County Show all
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save
About this funder:
Connelly Foundation Grant
Inspired by our Catholic heritage, the mission of the Connelly Foundation is to create access for those in need and opportunity for those with vision.
Since its founding in 1955, the Connelly Foundation has been a responsive and proactive grantmaking organization awarding grants to nonprofits in the Philadelphia area that demonstrate outstanding performance in meeting community needs.
To achieve its mission to create access for those in need and opportunity for those with vision, the Connelly Foundation provides grants toward costs associated with programs, direct services, general operations, and capital projects to nonprofit organizations and institutions working in the following fields:
Education: Focus on Learning
Recognizing that the Foundation’s past investments in education have yielded some of its most rewarding results, Learning has become the cornerstone of its mission and a focus for philanthropic activities.
The Foundation values Learning as a primary pathway to a better life for individuals, families and communities. While academic institutions have been the principal beneficiaries of the Foundation’s support over the years, we know that opportunities for intellectual growth can also be found in many forms and settings, such as a community health clinic, a daycare center for elders, a museum, or a concert hall.
The mission of enhancing the quality of life entails access to a home, food, basic health care and ultimately a growing degree of self-reliance and work.
The Foundation supports organizations that address these essentials effectively, efficiently and with dignity to disabled or underprivileged individuals.
Culture & Civic Life: Rewarding Destinations that Inspire
In a region where civic and cultural opportunities abound, the primary focus of our "investment" in the arts is to support access and the development and delivery of educational programs.
Grants are awarded to organizations that strive to engage a broad audience and bridge cultural boundaries.
The Foundation seeks to identify and support sites and projects that provide a deep appreciation of Philadelphia's rich heritage.
- The degree to which the proposal directly addresses and furthers the Connelly Foundation’s objectives and goals .
- The significance of the problem or need addressed by the proposed program .
- The overall quality of the proposal and whether the organization has made a convincing case that funding to the organization will .
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The Foundation's philanthropic interest is to work in partnership with nonprofit organizations serving people in the City of Philadelphia, its surrounding counties of Bucks, Chester, Delaware and Montgomery, and the City of Camden, New Jersey.
- Connelly Foundation is precluded from giving grants directly to individuals.
- As a general practice the Connelly Foundation does not fund:
- Annual appeals
- Charter schools and public schools
- Conferences/events/ performances
- Environmental programs
- Feasibility or planning studies
- General solicitations
- Historic preservation projects
- National organizations or re-granting organizations
- Organizations focused on a single disease
- The hiring of new staff that rely primarily on Foundation support
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Connelly Foundation Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.