Conservation Alliance Grants
Grant amount: Up to US $50,000
Next anticipated deadline: Nov 1, 2018 (Letter of inquiry)
Later anticipated deadlines: Dec 1, 2018 (Full proposal), May 1, 2019 (Letter of inquiry), Jun 1, 2019 (Full proposal)
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Applied Project / Program
Location of project: United States
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Note: Before applying for funding, an organization must first be nominated by one of our member companies. Members nominate organizations by completing and submitting a nomination form. We provide our members with a link to the nomination form in early April and October. We will then send each nominated organization a request for proposal (RFP) instructing them how to submit a full request.
- Applicants can contact only one member per funding cycle for nomination.
- Nominations due May 1 and November 1 annually ("Letter of Inquiry" date above).
The Conservation Alliance is a group of outdoor businesses that supports efforts to protect specific wild places for their habitat and recreation values.
The Conservation Alliance seeks to protect threatened wild places throughout North America for their habitat and recreational values. As a group of outdoor industry companies, we recognize our responsibility to help protect the wild lands and waterways on which our customers recreate and wildlife thrives.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- We make grants to registered 501(c)(3) organizations whose work meets each of the following criteria:
- The project should seek to secure lasting and quantifiable protection of a specific wild land or waterway.
- The campaign should engage grassroots citizen action in support of the conservation effort.
- All projects must have a clear recreational benefit.
- The project should have a good chance of final success within four years.
- We also welcome Public Lands Defense Fund proposals from organizations for campaigns that:
- Seek to preserve and defend the integrity of our public lands system.
- These defensive projects should focus on any attempt by Congress to undermine our public lands and the laws that support them.
- We prioritize landscape-scale projects that have a clear benefit for habitat.
- We do not fund general education, restoration, stewardship, or scientific research projects.
- We will not accept proposals from organizations that are not first nominated.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Conservation Alliance Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.