Conservation and Science Program: Science Subprogram
David and Lucile Packard Foundation
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Applicant type: Indigenous Group Government Entity College / University Nonprofit
Funding uses: Research
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Anywhere in the worldView website Save Need help writing this grant?
NOTE: The Conservation and Science program welcomes your ideas for funding requests. Please review our existing strategies and, if your work is aligned with our funding priorities and geographic focus, send a short description to the relevant Program Officer and Program Associate or send the description using the form. Please do not send a full proposal until requested by the Program Officer.
Scientific knowledge can support innovation and the implementation of robust solutions to complex conservation challenges.
The Science Subprogram invests in developing knowledge that could significantly accelerate progress toward the Foundation’s conservation goals tied to ocean, land, and climate change. Grounded in a use-inspired approach (Linking Knowledge with Action), we seek to maximize the contribution of science and the scientific community in the pursuit of the Foundation’s conservation goals.
What We’re Doing
We support scientific assessments, research, and the connection of science and scientific thinking to decision-makers. We invest in:
- Institutions and networks in support of scientific fields relevant to the Foundation’s conservation goals;
- Research and science-based innovations that can have an impact on the Foundation’s ocean, climate, and land work;
- Education and outreach related to the value and integrity of science in decision-making, and the value of scientific research to society.
Currently we are pursuing research initiatives in support of U.S. west coast fisheries and ecosystems, the impacts of climate change on ocean conservation, data-limited methods for fisheries stock assessment, and understanding the appropriate role of bioenergy in reducing greenhouse gasses.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- We accept grant proposals only for charitable, educational, or scientific purposes, primarily from tax-exempt, charitable organizations.
- The Packard Foundation does not fund the following:
- Lobbying and activities to influence specific legislation
- Conference fees and tuition assistance
- Religious organizations
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Conservation and Science Program: Science Subprogram by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.