OSI Conservation Diversity Fellowship
Open Space InstituteSuggest an update
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Anticipated deadline: Apr 15, 2020
Applicant type: Working Professional Unaffiliated Researcher Undergraduate Student
Funding uses: Fellowship
Location of project: New York
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
Expanding the circle of conservation
The Open Space Institute’s Conservation Diversity Fellowship, started in 2016, seeks candidates pursuing professional experience in the conservation field. The Fellowship is a full-time, salaried, one-year position in New York City offering candidates the chance to work with colleagues and leaders at the Open Space Institute to accomplish meaningful conservation goals.
The Fellowship offers college graduates a one-year, paid position (competitive starting salary with a comprehensive benefits package) working alongside full-time staff based out of OSI’s New York City home office. OSI’s multifaceted programs will give the fellows wide-ranging experience in the conservation field. Fellows will have the opportunity to work on projects related to the following, based upon her/his education and desired career path:
- Conservation real estate transactions, acquisitions, and dispositions
- Access to urban parks, state parks, and the stewardship of protected lands
- Conservation science research and information dissemination
- Administration of grant funds to partner organizations for land protection and environmental education
- Finance, accounting and administration of a large non-profit organization
- Executive and development departments working with partners, funders, and the board of trustees
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Interest in pursuing a career in a conservation and/or non-profit related field
- Demonstrated commitment to the mission of conservation or the environmental movement, including diversity in conservation
- College graduate with demonstrated academic excellence (GPA, course selection, and leadership)
- Availability and commitment to full and enthusiastic participation in all aspects of the Conservation Diversity Fellowship
- Working out of OSI’s midtown office in New York City and participating in the Fellowship for one year beginning in late summer of 2019
- Eligible to work in the United States
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the OSI Conservation Diversity Fellowship by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.