CMG Action Grant
Conservation Media Group
Grant amount: US $5,000 - US $10,000
Anticipated deadline: Aug 15, 2018
Applicant type: Organizations Individuals
Funding uses: Education / Outreach
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Anywhere in the worldView website Save Need help writing this grant?
CMG Action Grants support projects that use video to create measurable impact in ocean health or renewable energy solutions. CMG seeks filmmakers, activists and organizations of all ages and experience levels as potential grantees. Many Action Grants include matching funds from an organization connected to the grantee's project, but matching funds are not required. Included in the Action Grant is funding for production, post-production, distribution and impact measurement. Action Grant proposals may seek to create impact locally, nationally, or internationally and may be based anywhere in the world. All CMG awards are distributed as charitable funds and require that they are used in a responsible, non-profit manner.
CMG's two focuses include:
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Projects must utilize video with the goal to create measurable impact in the CMG Focus Areas of ocean health or renewable energy solutions.
- Video concepts should be engaging, unique, and part of a strategic campaign to create change that can be tracked through key performance indicators.
- Video total run time must be under 5 minutes, however the project may be comprised of multiple videos with a total run time of under 5 minutes.
- For example, a project could result in one 5-minute film, two 2-minute films, or five 1-minutes films.
- Projects may also be less in total run time; an animation project, for example, may only be one minute in length.
- A clearly defined target audience should be associated with a specific call-to-action and distribution plan.
- Target audiences could include millions of people, or even a single stakeholder, but should be thoughtfully determined with a specific result in mind.
- Projects must include a measurement of resulting impact and push beyond "vanity metrics" such as shares, likes or social media views to measure on-the-ground impact for ocean health and renewable energy solutions.
- The project's distribution plan should specify how the video will reach and engage with the target audience, whether through social media, traditional media or in-person events & networks.
- Partnerships for distribution and impact are required if the applicant is an individual filmmaker or filmmaking team.
- CMG Action Grants are disbursed from charitable funds and must be used in compliance with CMG guidelines. Award funds may not be used with the intention of making profit.
- Proposals that fall outside of CMG's Focus Areas will not be considered.
- Target audience of "everyone" or ages "1-100" will not be considered. (Target audiences could include millions of people, or even a single stakeholder, but should be thoughtfully determined with a specific result in mind.)
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the CMG Action Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.