Consortium of Universities for the Advancement of Hydrologic Science, Inc.Suggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $5,000
Deadline: Oct 15, 2020
Applicant type: Graduate Student
Funding uses: Research
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save
About this funder:
Graduate training in water science often focuses on a single field site, analytical or modeling approach. To assist graduate students in enhancing their research program by moving beyond this “one site, one view” approach, CUAHSI will provide travel support for graduate students to make an extended visit (ca. 1 – 3 months) to broaden their research.
Travel may be to an additional field site to conduct comparative research, to collaborate with a research group using alternate approaches or modeling methods, or to work with researchers on adding an interdisciplinary dimension to a water science research project. CUAHSI encourages applicants from across the broad range of water science.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Fellowships are awarded to cover travel costs.
- Graduate students enrolled in either Masters or PhD programs are eligible to apply.
- However, to date all recipients have been at the PhD-student level.
- Past selection committees have felt that the level and amount of research required for a successful application is generally PhD level research.
- Recipients must be enrolled in a graduate program at a US University.
- International students studying at a US University are eligible.
- Preference is given to students advanced enough in their graduate studies to conduct substantive research during the travel period, and to research plans that clearly demonstrate how the travel and collaboration substantially enhances and broadens the student’s current research.
- Students enrolled in a non-US institution are not eligible to apply for the grant.
- Fellowship funds may not be used to purchase supplies or equipment, or to support travel by others (e.g. advisors or other project personnel).
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Pathfinder Fellowships by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.