Cooper Foundation Grant
Cooper FoundationSuggest an update
Next deadline: Jul 1, 2020 (Letter of inquiry)
Later deadlines: Oct 1, 2020 (Letter of inquiry), Jan 15, 2021 (Letter of inquiry), Apr 1, 2021 (Letter of inquiry)
Grant amount: Up to US $30,000
Fields of work: Community Development & Revitalization Environment Humanities & Social Science Art & Culture Human & Social Services Education
Applicant type: Government Entity, Nonprofit
Funding uses: Training / Capacity Building, General Operating Expense, Education / Outreach, Project / Program
Location of project: Preferred: Counties in Nebraska: Lancaster County, Lincoln County Other eligible locations: Nebraska
Location of residency: Preferred: Counties in Nebraska: Lancaster County, Lincoln County Other eligible locations: NebraskaView website Save
About this funder:
Note: We do not accept unsolicited applications, but welcome inquiries to determine if the organization and programming are a good fit for Cooper Foundation funding. Interested organizations should be familiar with our funding priorities and be prepared to discuss their programs, operations, budget, and governance. If your request fits our funding priorities you’ll be invited to complete an online Letter of Inquiry (LOI) form.
Our mission is to support strong, sustainable organizations, innovative ideas and ventures of significant promise. The Foundation makes grants to non-profit organizations located in and working in Nebraska, primarily Lincoln and Lancaster County.
We fund organizations working in education, human services, the arts, the humanities, the environment, and community improvement.
Types of Funding
We accept applications for program and general operating support. We also give consideration to requests for technology, staff positions, advocacy, and capacity building.
The highest priority is for organizations based in and serving Lincoln and Lancaster County. Requests from outside this area must serve a regional or statewide area and meet the foundation’s funding priorities.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- We provide grants to nonprofit organizations located and working in Nebraska, primarily in our geographic priority area of Lincoln and Lancaster County.
- We fund programs and operations in the areas of the Arts, Civic and Community Engagement, Education, Environment, Human Services, and Humanities.
- Organizations must provide strong programming and evidence of sound governance and fiscal management.
- We fund: Nebraska nonprofit organizations classified as tax-exempt under section 501(c)(3) and public charities under section 509(a)(1) of the Internal Revenue Code. We also fund units of government, public universities, and K-12 schools.
- We very rarely make multi-year commitments. Organizations may apply in consecutive years, but we are unable to provide ongoing funding for any organization or program. Consecutive annual requests are limited to two or three years, depending on the program and need.
- Applicants whose requests are denied must wait 12 months to reapply.
- Organizations may only have one active grant at a time. (This restriction may be waived for organizations applying as part of a collaborative grant request.) Organizations may not reapply during the active grant term or prior to submission of a final report.
- We do not fund: individuals; businesses; building construction or renovation; health organizations or issues; churches; religious organizations or issues; travel; memberships; endowments; non-501(c)(3) organizations; 509(a)(3) supporting organizations; fiscal agents; private foundations; operational deficits; general fund drives/annual appeals; event sponsorships.
Want to discover new grants?
See how we help our customers save time and find new funding by trying out Instrumentl for 14-days free or learn more.
“This is the best foundation match & grant tracking tool I've used in my many years of fundraising.”