Core Grant Program
Genuardi Family FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $10,000
Next deadline: Jan 31, 2020 8:59pm PST (Letter of inquiry)
Later deadlines: Mar 27, 2020 8:59pm PDT (Full proposal)
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: General Operating Expense, Project / Program, Education / Outreach, Training / Capacity Building
Location of project: Counties in Pennsylvania: Bucks County, Chester County, Delaware County, Montgomery County
Location of residency: Counties in Pennsylvania: Bucks County, Chester County, Delaware County, Montgomery CountyView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Core Grant Program
What We Fund
Funding through the Genuardi Family Foundation Core Grant Program supports organizations that provide direct services in one or more of the following issue areas:
- Food access and security
- Homelessness prevention and housing
- Job training and placement
Examples of direct services that will be considered for funding include:
- Food access and security: meal delivery, food banks/pantries, and efforts to improve access to healthy and nutritious food for populations and geographic areas with limited access
- Homelessness prevention and housing: shelters, case management, rapid-re-housing, and support that directly prevents homelessness
- Job training and placement: programs that increase vocational skills, enhance job readiness, and facilitate job placement, with a special emphasis on training and opportunities for people with disabilities
The Foundation welcomes both general operating and program-specific grant requests that meet our eligibility requirements.
Grant Sizes and Duration
Grants will be awarded in the range of $10,000 to $25,000 per year. The Foundation reserves the right to award multi-year grants at its discretion.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Eligible applicants must have documented 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status.
- Organizations must provide a majority of their services to residents of Montgomery, Chester, Delaware, and/or Bucks Counties in Southeastern Pennsylvania, with special consideration for the neighborhoods and communities where Genuardi Family Markets operated prior to 2001.
- Grants will be awarded to organizations that fit clearly within the eligibility and preference guidelines, and to organizations that demonstrate strength in program delivery, operations, and leadership.
- Preference will be given to organizations that demonstrate:
- At least 75% of its programs and budget are allocated to providing direct services in one or more of the Foundation’s priority areas (food access, homelessness prevention, and/or job training)
- Financial sustainability and a sound business model, including financial support from a variety of sources (ex. government, foundations, companies, individuals) for the organization and its programs
- Use of volunteers, when allowable
- Reasonable costs associated with running the organization and programs
- The need for and potential impact of a partnership with Genuardi Family Foundation
- Please note that Genuardi Family Foundation does not consider requests through its Core Grant Program for:
- Organizations with the majority of their services provided outside of Montgomery, Chester, Delaware, and Bucks Counties in Southeastern Pennsylvania
- Issue areas other than food access and security, homelessness prevention and housing, and job training and placement
- Capital projects, including equipment purchase or replacement
- General fundraising, annual appeals, or special events
- Fraternal and/or civic organizations
- Political candidates or parties
- Political Action Committees (PACs) engaged in influencing legislation
- Public radio or television
- Endowment drives
- Debt reduction
- Public, private or parochial schools
- Neighborhood gardens and co-ops
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Core Grant Program by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.