Cosmos Scholars Grant Program
Cosmos Club FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: US $500 - US $4,000
Anticipated deadline: Nov 1, 2020 7:59pm PST
Applicant type: Graduate Student
Funding uses: Research
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: District of Columbia, Maryland, Texas, VirginiaView website Save
About this funder:
The program provides grants to meet specific research needs not covered by other supporting funds, including but not limited to special supplies, travel, unanticipated expenses that would enhance the work, etc.
There is no restriction as to academic field, but the project should be focused on objective scholarly research rather than commercial or political activity, social activism, or other non-academic goals.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Applicants must be enrolled, on a full-time or part-time basis, in a program leading to a graduate degree (Masters or Doctoral) at one of these Eligible Institutions:
- American University
- The Catholic University of America
- Corcoran College of Art + Design (GWU)
- Gallaudet University
- George Mason University
- The George Washington University
- Georgetown University
- Howard University
- Johns Hopkins University School of Advanced International Studies
- Marymount University
- Trinity University
- Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences
- University of the District of Columbia
- University of Maryland, College Park
- Travel for field research or to research facilities to consult documents or to study artifacts in situ or to conduct cultural exploration is generally eligible.
- Travel to consult with an expert practitioner may be considered.
- Travel to attend professional meetings to present an accepted paper or poster exhibit may also be considered.
- Budget Allocations:
- Items of equipment and special supplies are eligible, but the equipment should be expendable.
- Our preference is for topics not anticipated when the overall research program was proposed and therefore not covered by support originally planned.
- Specifically excluded are general financial support, tuition, and living expenses (except in connection with supported travel).
- Travel to a conference simply for networking or job-hunting is not eligible.
- Budget Allocations:
- Items that the institution ought to provide or that graduate students can be expected to own are not eligible.
- Items and services that will outlive the project are not considered expendable and are generally not eligible.
- Do not request support for work that will be conducted prior to the announced date of awards, or so soon thereafter that the funds, if awarded, could not be applied to it.
- Funds for tuition or related expenses for personal professional education will not be provided.
- Generally funds will not be provided to support remuneration to participants in studies or stipends for research assistants.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Cosmos Scholars Grant Program by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.