Costco Wholesale Charitable Contributions
Costco WholesaleSuggest an update
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Fields of work: Children With Disabilities Children’s Mental Health Youth Services Child Welfare Services Education Human & Social Services Health & Medicine Show all
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Project / Program
Location of project: United States
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save
About this funder:
Costco Wholesale’s primary charitable efforts specifically focus on programs supporting children, education, and health and human services in the communities where we do business. Throughout the year we receive a large number of requests from nonprofit organizations striving to make a positive impact, and we are thankful to be able to provide support to a variety of organizations and causes. While we would like to respond favorably to all requests, understandably, the needs are far greater than our allocated resources and we are unable to accommodate them all.
Warehouse donations are handled at the warehouse level - please consult your local warehouse for up-to-date information regarding their donations contacts and review process.
If the request is under consideration, you may be contacted by staff for any additional information needed. Applications are reviewed within 4-6 weeks, and decisions are made based on several factors, including: type of program; identified community need not otherwise available; indication that evidenced based data will establish measurable results of intended outcomes; community collaboration; broad base of financial support; project budget and operating expenses.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- To apply for Costco support, organizations must meet the following general requirements:
- Must be a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.
- Focus on supporting children, education, and/or health and human services.
- Monetary requests only.
- Generally, Costco does not grant funds of more than 10% of the total program budget.
- We typically do not consider more than one grant request per fiscal year (September - August) for each organization.
- We do not fund direct aid to the following:
- Individuals (crowdfunding, GoFundMe pages, etc.)
- Capital campaigns, building projects, or equipment
- Transportation and travel expenses
- Political organizations
- Religious organizations for religious purposes
- Salaries or staff training
- Government agencies
- Loans or investments
- Research studies
- Athletic teams, events, booster clubs, or sponsorships
- Animal related programs, including shelters
- Merchandise for fundraisers and auctions
- Symposiums, conferences, conventions, professional association meetings
- Individual primary and secondary schools, PTO’s and PTA’s
- Merchandise promotions, partnerships or advertising
- General awareness campaigns/advocacy
- Development or production of books, films, videos, television programs, social media or websites
- Parties, celebrations, parades, festivals and raffles
- Deficit funding
- Awards, monuments and/or memorials
Want to discover new grants?
See how we help our customers save time and find new funding by trying out Instrumentl for 14-days free or learn more.
“This is the best foundation match & grant tracking tool I've used in my many years of fundraising.”