Evert Clark/Seth Payne Award for Young Science Journalists
Council for the Advancement of Science WritingSuggest an update
Grant amount: US $1,000
Anticipated deadline: Jun 30, 2020
Applicant type: Individuals
Funding uses: Research
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Anywhere in the world
Age restriction: No more than 30 years of ageView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
Now in its 30th year, CASW's Evert Clark/Seth Payne Award was created to recognize the contributions to journalism of both Ev Clark and Seth Payne.
The award is intended to encourage young science writers by recognizing outstanding reporting and writing in any field of science. The 2019 winner will receive $1,000 and expenses to attend ScienceWriters2019 in State College, Pa.
The award is given in memory of Ev Clark, a veteran journalist at Business Week, The New York Times and Newsweek, and Seth Payne, his long-time friend and colleague at Business Week and a founder of the award. It is designed to carry on the work of both men, who offered friendship and advice to generations of young journalists.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Applicants must be age 30 or younger.
- Award will be limited to those applicants whose 31st birthday is July 1 of the award year.
- Applicants may submit a single article or series, or up to four individual pieces.
- Articles must be published between July 1 of the prior year and June 30 of the award year but an entire series will be accepted if most parts are published between those dates.
- The award is limited to non-technical, print and online journalism.
- Articles published in newspapers (including college newspapers), magazines, newsletters and websites are eligible.
- Both freelancers and staff writers are eligible.
- Science writing includes (but is not limited to) writing in:
- biological sciences,
- physical sciences,
- environmental sciences,
- computer sciences,
- space sciences,
- science policy.
Books, as well as articles in technical journals and trade association publications are not eligible.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Evert Clark/Seth Payne Award for Young Science Journalists by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.