COVID-19: A Just East Bay Response Fund
East Bay Community FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Fields of work: Disaster Relief / Humanitarian Aid Social Isolation Food Security Health Care Access & Delivery Child Care Services Employment Services
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: General Operating Expense, Project / Program
Location of project: Counties in California: Alameda County, Contra Costa County
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save
About this funder:
About the Fund
The East Bay Community Foundation’sCOVID-19: A Just East Bay Response Fund will rapidly deploy resources to organizations addressing the social and economic impacts of the broader COVID-19 outbreak, including the immediate needs of communities and organizations affected by coronavirus-related closures.
EBCF community partners are reporting extreme economic hardship across vulnerable populations as well as severe impacts to organizational operations that affect a range of programming including the arts, education, health, housing, civic engagement, youth, economic development, and other vital community services.
The COVID-19: A Just East Bay Response Fund will prioritize resources to organizations serving extremely vulnerable populations who are unlikely to receive state or federal support, including:
- undocumented immigrants,
- unsheltered individuals,
- those employed via cash economy (e.g. day laborers, domestic workers),
- uninsured and under-insured, youth,
- victims of domestic violence,
- low-income seniors, and
- the formerly incarcerated.
- Direct financial assistance to individuals and families experiencing extreme economic hardship
- Frontline organizations providing essential services to priority populations
- General Operating Support to existing grantees to support their operations and related impacts during the crisis
- Organizing and Systems Change
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.