COVID-19 Community Response Fund Grant
Community Foundation of Kankakee River ValleySuggest an update
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Fields of work: Community Services Human & Social Services Basic Human Needs Disaster Relief / Humanitarian Aid
Applicant type: Indigenous Group, Nonprofit, Government Entity
Funding uses: Training / Capacity Building, General Operating Expense, Project / Program
Location of project: Counties in Illinois: Iroquois County, Kankakee County
Location of residency: Counties in Illinois: Iroquois County, Kankakee CountyView website Save
About this funder:
Grants from the fund will be prioritized for nonprofit organizations providing vital basic needs, services, and resources to disproportionately impacted individuals, families, and vulnerable populations in Kankakee and Iroquois Counties. Requests to support other nonprofit organizations experiencing financial hardship or providing support services to individuals and families will also be accepted.
Priorities (in this order)
- Organizations providing basic vital needs services to communities that were already vulnerable before the pandemic, or that are disproportionately affected by the pandemic and the impact of the resulting public health measures on finances and service
- Organizations providing any services to such vulnerable or disproportionately affected populations as described
- Other nonprofit organizations experiencing challenges due to following public health recommendations, with a focus on those that need support to implement remote work or that are at high risk of staff
In this unprecedented situation, we must all be flexible to respond as needed within the resources we have to offer. We will set no maximum grant amount. However, to allow consistent comparisons, applicants must frame their amount requested within a timeframe of what is needed over the next eight weeks from the date of their application.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Grants may be made to nonprofit organizations, schools, or quasi-governmental agencies located in or significantly serving Kankakee & Iroquois Counties.
- Demonstrates a need for funding due to the pandemic or the impact of following public health recommendations taken to flatten the curve of COVID-19 infections locally, for the purpose of either:
- Continuity of operations support due to increased expenses or decreased revenue
- Providing new, increased, or changed support to affected people, organizations, businesses, or communities
- Examples of eligible requests include but are not limited to:
- Continuity of operations:
- An eligible nonprofit needs to purchase technology to allow its employees to work remotely or
- shift to delivering services remotely via phone or video conference.
- An eligible nonprofit's fee-for-service revenue is reduced because it cannot provide those
- contracted services.
- An eligible nonprofit must pay staff to do activities that volunteers would normally do, or
- pay for staff that are filling in for absent staff.
- An eligible nonprofit's major fundraiser or fee-based events were cancelled, reducing
- New, increased, or changed support to affected people, organizations, or communities:
- A homeless services organization must find an extra location to house clients who are sick. A
- senior services organization cannot serve its clients in congregate meal settings and needs to be
- able to deliver food.
- An eligible nonprofit will provide more of its usual services because more people/businesses are now in need of those services.
- No person in the United States shall, on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity (as defined in paragraph 249(c)(4) of title 18, United States Code), sexual orientation, marital or parental status, political affiliation, military service, physical or mental ability, or any other improper criterion be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program or activity funded in whole or in part with funds made available by the community foundation, and any other program or activity funded in whole or in part with funds appropriated for grants, cooperative agreements, and other assistance administered by the community foundation.