COVID-19 Relief Fund Grant
Community Foundation for Monterey CountySuggest an update
Grant amount: US $5,000 - US $30,000
Fields of work: Disaster Relief / Humanitarian Aid Social Isolation Mental Health & Psychiatric Diseases Employment Services Basic Human Needs
Applicant type: Government Entity, Nonprofit
Funding uses: Training / Capacity Building, General Operating Expense, Project / Program
Location of project: Monterey County, California
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save
About this funder:
NOTE: COVID-19 Relief Fund grant applications can be submitted at any time while funds are available. Grantmaking decisions will typically be made within two to four weeks of receipt of the proposal.
The Community Foundation for Monterey County (CFMC) established the COVID-19 Relief Fund in partnership with and Monterey Peninsula Foundation to help those affected by the impact of the Coronavirus in Monterey County. The COVID-19 Relief Fund will address the immediate and longer-term needs of Monterey County’s most vulnerable residents who will be impacted by the Coronavirus.
The CFMC will consider grant requests to:
- Assist nonprofits serving vulnerable populations with basic needs (food, housing, living expenses, transportation costs, etc.) related to job layoffs and/or unemployment
- This is our currently our highest priority.
- Assist nonprofit organizations experiencing staffing and/or volunteer gaps due to quarantines and physical distancing
- Help nonprofit organizations cover the costs incurred for travel changes and other pandemic-related cancellations
- Fund programming to address related mental health impacts
- Assist nonprofit organizations with financial planning and resilience
The CFMC will award operating grants on an ongoing basis to nonprofit organizations and public agencies whose operations in support of vulnerable populations and those affected by the pandemic have been stressed by the outbreak. We expect the needs generated by this pandemic will exceed the available funds. CFMC staff will review grant applications as needed and make recommendations to the CFMC President/CEO.
Grants are expected to range between $5,000 to $30,000 and will be reviewed on an ongoing basis. 501(c)3 nonprofit organizations and public agencies are eligible to apply for additional funds as needs arise. Requests will be reviewed by CFMC staff and grants awarded as quickly as possible.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Grants are open to 501(c)3 nonprofit organizations and other public agencies serving Monterey County, CA residents.
- Businesses and individuals are not eligible at this time,
- however grants to nonprofit organizations that provide direct financial assistance to individuals can be awarded.
- Fiscally sponsored groups are not eligible at this time.
- Activities that are non-secular or promote a religious doctrine
- Academic or medical research
- Funding to schools and public agencies that would supplant tax-supported, mandated services
- Annual fundraising campaigns or events
- Creation of, or addition to, endowment funds
- Payment of debt or legal settlements
- Political or partisan purposes
- CFMC does not support organizations that discriminate in their employment practices, volunteer opportunities, or delivery of programs and services on the basis of race, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristics protected by law.