Cox Charities Grant
Nevada Community Foundation
Grant amount: US $1,000 - US $5,000
Anticipated deadline: May 4, 2019 4:00pm PDT
Applicant type: Nonprofit Government Entity College / University Elementary / Secondary School
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Clark County, Nevada
Location of residency: Clark County, NevadaView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Cox Communications, in partnership with its fiscal partner Nevada Community Foundation, is pleased to invite your nonprofit organization to apply for grants through Cox Charities.
This is a special opportunity to receive funding for programs that support one or more of Cox Charities’ four philanthropic focus areas: Children and Families, Education (with an emphasis on STEAM), Diversity, and Environment/Sustainability.
Funding Focus Areas
- Children and Families
- Education (STEAM – Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts & Mathematics)
Programs and services should address one or more of the following:
- Arts and Culture
- Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts & Mathematics
- Other areas benefiting youth
- Social Skills Development
- Overcoming Disabilities
- Leadership Development
- Safe and Healthy lifestyles
- Environmental Issues and/or Sustainability
Individual grants typically range from $1,000 to $5,000.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Cox Charities will fund only program-related expenses including activities and supplies that are directly related to the provision of services which support local Southern Nevada needs.
- Cox Charities will consider applications from organizations which:
- Qualify as a not for profit charity under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code (including government agencies)
- Operate within the Cox Communications Las Vegas service territory
- Demonstrate diversity through nondiscriminatory service and volunteer opportunities, i.e. without regard to race, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, disability, or identity
- Provide opportunities for Cox Communications Las Vegas employees to engage as volunteers and/or to serve on the organization’s Board of Directors
- Will acknowledge Cox Charities’ support publicly
- Cox Charities is particularly interested in organizations which:
- Illustrate strong civic leadership
- Practice and demonstrate sound administrative and fiscal management
- Work with other agencies and/or leverage other funding in the public and private sectors to achieve the mission
- Measure and continuously evaluate the effectiveness of its program(s)
- Fill a recognized need in the community without duplication of efforts
- Funding will not be given for general operations or staff salaries/wages.
- Cox Charities will not consider applications from organizations which:
- Discriminate in their employment practices, volunteer opportunities, or delivery of programs and services on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, disability, or identity, and any other characteristics considered as a protected class under current United States law.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Cox Charities Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.