Cox Charities Community Grant
Cox Communications, Inc
Grant amount: US $5,000 - US $15,000
Deadline: Jan 18, 2019
Applicant type: Indigenous Group Government Entity College / University Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, General Operating Expense, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Rhode Island, Counties in Connecticut: Hartford County, New Haven County, Tolland County, Cuyahoga County, Ohio
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Cox Charities Community Grants supports non-profit organizations providing summer enrichment and after-school programming focusing on STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Math) learning.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Funding Criteria: Proposals will be judged on the degree to which the following criteria are met:
- Have current exemption under 501( c )(3) of the IRS code.
- Serve areas within Cox’s Northeast service areas:
- the State of Rhode Island, excluding Block Island;
- the following 19 cities and towns in Connecticut:
- Meriden, Cheshire, Southington, East Granby, East Windsor, Enfield, Granby, Hartland, Somers, Stafford, Suffield, Union, Windsor Locks, Manchester,Glastonbury, Newington, Rocky Hill, South Windsor, and Wethersfield;
- Cleveland, Ohio.
- Focus on increasing academic achievement in science, technology, engineering, arts and math (STEAM) and the positive development of youth during the summer and after-school time frame.
- The afterschool program must be provided following the traditional school day (Monday – Friday) during the academic school year (at minimum three days a week). Summer program should be provided for six weeks or more.
- The program must exhibit how the grant (ranging from $5,000 -$15,000) will be used in a cost effective manner; including the number of youth who will benefit from this grant
- Preference will be given to programs that collaborate closely with low performing middle schools, as defined by the State of Rhode Island, Connecticut Departments of Education and the Ohio School Department.
- Cox Conserves! Applicants that meet the Cox Charities criteria and offer enhancements to afterschool programs to promote environmental conservation will receive special consideration when applying.
- Limitations: We do not provide grant support to:
- Political campaigns
- Labor or fraternal organizations
- Association chapters
- Religious organizations
- Endowment funds of foundations
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Cox Charities Community Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.