Crawford Heritage Discretionary Grants
Crawford Heritage Community Foundation
Grant amount: US $200 - US $3,000
Next anticipated deadline: Dec 15, 2018
Later anticipated deadlines: Jun 15, 2019
Applicant type: Government Entity Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Research, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Crawford County, Pennsylvania
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
We award discretionary grants twice yearly to assist non-profit organizations meet the changing opportunities and needs in Crawford County. Grants are made county-wide from the Crawford Heritage Community Foundation Unrestricted Fund and Ben Franklin Trust, in the Titusville area from the Fred Lintner Fund and from the Bernadene R. and John B. Cooley Fund to benefit programs for children and youth.
Discretionary grants are made from a number of funds:
- Projects throughout Crawford County may receive support from the Crawford Heritage Community Foundation Unrestricted Fund and Ben Franklin Trust.
- Titusville-area projects are financed from the Fred Lintner Fund.
- Programs for children and youth receive support from the Bernadene R. and John B. Cooley Fund.
- Grants from the Marian and Vincent Barsch Fund support cemetery preservation projects throughout Crawford County.
- Faith-based and religious programs in the Titusville-area may apply for funding from the Albert L. Carlson Fund.
We recognize that community life can be improved and enhanced in a variety of ways. With that recognition, we support projects/programs that improve the quality of life in Crawford County, PA through:
- Agricultural, horticultural, environmental protection and/or beautification;
- Arts and culture;
- Benevolent, charitable and/or civic functions;
- Community development;
- Education and/or literary pursuits;
- Health and/or safety; and
- Research/scientific development.
A Note on Grants to Faith Based and Religious Programs
We make grants to faith-based and religious programs only to organizations in the Titusville-area from the Albert L. Carlson Fund. We do not have a source of funding for these types of programs in the rest of Crawford County.
Grants from our other funds are only made to faith-based and religious organizations which serve broad and non-sectarian purposes, regardless of the faith of those they serve. Examples include: churches, synagogues, or other religious organizations that have food or clothing pantries for the poor or support work among the poor; hospitals or colleges serving broad areas such as health care and education. We are public and non-sectarian in our structure and governance and primarily support organizations that are not affiliated with a particular religious faith or denomination.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- We do accept grant applications from:
- Tax-exempt nonprofit entities;
- Governmental bodies;
- Municipalities; and
- The Foundation will give preference to proposals which:
- Incorporate preventive and/or curative approaches to addressing significant community problems;
- Promote cooperation among existing agencies;
- Avoid program duplication;
- Improve upon the effectiveness of existing organizations;
- Have multiple funding sources and can leverage other financial sources;
- Have identifiable and measurable impact upon our community; and
- Utilize volunteers effectively.
- We do not accept grant applications for:
- Annual campaigns or endowments;
- Routine operating expenses (i.e., salaries, rent, and/or utilities);
- Political purposes; nor
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Crawford Heritage Discretionary Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.