Crest R&D Grant
Collaborative Research in Engineering, Science & Technology
Grant amount: Up to US $39,000
Next deadline: Feb 28, 2018
Later deadlines: Aug 31, 2018
Applicant type: Graduate Student Postdoctoral Researcher Faculty For-Profit Business Working Professional College / University
Funding uses: Research
Membership: Applicants must be a member of this organization to apply. Become a member.
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Malaysia
Location of citizenship: MalaysiaView website Save Need help writing this grant?
CREST is pleased to announce the opening of the application for CREST
Targeted R&D Grant Cycle 2/2016 to researchers from the institutions
of higher learning and the industries. The Targeted R&D Grant
offers attractive intellectual property arrangement between CREST and
CREST R&D Grant supports research
activities in various science and engineering disciplines relevant to
E&E sector, and all funded researches are collaborative projects
between universities and companies. CREST does not operate any research
laboratory but focuses on funding research setup located either in
university or industry as nominated by each research team. The grant
also funds postgraduate students participating in the research work.
- CREST is Industry-led catalyst for the growth of Malaysia’s E&E industry.
- CREST accelerates economic growth by driving collaboraPon between the Industry, Academia and Government.
- CREST sparks a vibrant R&D ecosystem by spearheading activities in 3 strategic pillars
- Research & Development
- Talent Development
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Basic Terms and Conditions
- Research project involves at least one company pairing with at least one university.
- At least one of the universities involved must be located in Malaysia.
- Companies involved must be registered in Malaysia.
- Companies involved must not be owned by the university.
- Either project lead or principal investigator must be Malaysian citizen.
- In the event the project lead and principal investigator is the same person, he/she must be Malaysian citizen.
- Full-time post-graduate student researchers and full-time post-doctorate researchers whose tuition fees and/or allowance are paid by CREST R&D Grant must be Malaysian citizen.
- Maximum approved duration is not more than 3 years.
- Company contribution is at least 50% of total research project budget.
- Each approved research project is obligated to meet stated deliverable obligation (see below).
- Project funded by CREST R&D Grant must not share any of its deliverables to meet other grant obligation (except for university’s contribution for student allowance).
You must be a member of this organization to apply for this award - become a member. CREST R&D Grant will be awarded to members of CREST only.
- Students involved in the research project (regardless of whether allowance/tuition fee is paid by CREST Grant) shall not be the project lead.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Crest R&D Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.