Crossroads Fund Critical Response Fund Grant
Crossroads FundSuggest an update
Grant amount: US $3,000 - US $5,000
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Conference, Training / Capacity Building, Project / Program
Location of project: Counties in Illinois: Cook County, DuPage County, Kane County, Kendall County, Lake County, McHenry County, Will County, Lake County, Indiana Show all
Location of residency: Counties in Illinois: Cook County, DuPage County, Kane County, Kendall County, Lake County, McHenry County, Will County, Lake County, Indiana Show allView website Save
About this funder:
NOTE: Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis with a response time of 10 working days or less after grant submission.
Crossroads Fund and the nation are witnessing a tumultuous time in history – the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) has caused significant harm to people around the world. This harm is the direct result of structural failures and institutional negligence in underfunding public health departments, limiting access to healthcare, and ignoring warnings from directly impacted people. As such, Crossroads Fund re-affirms our commitment to supporting grassroots groups working to reduce the harm of these failures and are working to mobilize resources to communities in Chicago.
To continue the legacy of responding quickly and centering the leadership of people who are most directly impacted, including people of color, women, the LGBT community, we are encouraging current grantees to apply for the Critical Response Fund. Given the political moment, the fund will provide organizations with funding to protect, empower and support community members in this time of crisis. In addition, we seek to support work that radically reimagines community care, expands our notion of what is possible, and orients toward building the world we need.
Funding requests can be for the following:
- Community-based mutual aid efforts
- Unexpected policy changes that place community members in harm’s way, and that require an immediate response
- Training and convening people to strategize, build their power, promote healing and create community solidarity (including virtual strategies)
- Forward-thinking initiatives focused on long-term transformation, new experiments in building the world that we want
- Building organizational capacity to do strategic base building that grows our organizing community, and also to build new coalitions and partnerships
- Supporting an organization’s digital infrastructure
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Applicants may request between $3,000 - $5,000.
- Organizations with budgets of over $300,000 should contact Crossroads Fund staff to discuss the request.
- Funding should be used within 6 months.
- Priority will be given to existing Crossroads Fund grantees (from the last 3 years) that have a track record of working collaboratively with other organizations across issues, race and geographical location.
- Organizations with budgets of $300,000 or less will be prioritized.