Ron Goellner & Jennifer Elwood Hellbender Conservation Grant
Cryptobranchid Interest Group
Grant amount: US $1,000
Anticipated deadline: Mar 31, 2018
Applicant type: Individuals
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Research
Location of project: China, Japan, Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Georgia (US state), Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia Expand all
Location of residency: Anywhere in the worldView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Cryptobranchid Interest Group (CIG) will consider proposals for two separate grants for amounts up to $1,000 each. Each applicant will automatically be considered for both grants when submitting this single application.
The Ron Goellner Conservation Fund awards up to $1,000 to projects related to all Cryptobranchids (Giant Chinese and Japanese salamanders, as well as hellbenders). Ron was a dedicated herpetologist and long-time advocate for the conservation of giant salamanders and served as the Director of Animal Collections at the Saint Louis Zoo.
The Jennifer Elwood Hellbender Conservation Grant awards up to $1,000 to projects related only to hellbenders. Dr. Elwood studied salamander morphology and ecology and was passionate about research and hellbender conservation.
These CIG grants were initiated to support projects that uphold conservation priorities for giant aquatic salamanders.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Anyone may apply for this award.
- Salaries for graduate student stipends or technicians are eligible.
- The CIG grant committee prefers projects that are broad in scope and over-all impact for the taxa in general and will select applications for funding based on the following:
- Broadness of application for conservation of giant salamanders.
- Field conservation of species and their habitats or mitigation of threats.
- Innovative education initiatives to benefit species at risk and their habitats.
- Research that has direct application to the health or recovery of species at risk.
- Partnerships and permits are approved and demonstrated.
- The following are ineligible expenses/costs which are not supported:
- Salaries, except for graduate student stipends or technicians.
- Administrative costs, including institutional overhead.
- Travel unrelated to completion of the project.
- Grants may not be used for political lobbying, litigation or travel funds for attending or presenting at conferences.
- General institutional support, projects considered to be normal institutional operating expenses, or shortfalls in budgets.
- Grants will not be provided to fund projects that are already completed.
- General field surveys or individual monitoring projects without broad applications to giant salamanders do not normally meet funding criteria
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Ron Goellner & Jennifer Elwood Hellbender Conservation Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.