CSSF: COVID-19 Layoff Aversion Fund
CareerSource South FloridaSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $10,000
Fields of work: Disaster Relief / Humanitarian Aid Job Creation Workers’ Rights Technology Access & Digital Literacy
Applicant type: For-Profit Business, Nonprofit
Funding uses: Project / Program, General Operating Expense
Location of project: Counties in Florida: Miami-Dade County, Monroe County
Location of residency: Counties in Florida: Miami-Dade County, Monroe CountyView website Save
NOTE: You can submit your application for a COVID-19 Layoff Aversion Fund grant through your local chamber. Select an entity from the list on the website to be directed to the application.
COVID-19 Layoff Aversion Fund
CareerSource South Florida (CSSF) announces the COVID-19 Layoff Aversion Fund, which is designed to provide support to small businesses and/or community based organizations (CBOs) within Miami-Dade and Monroe Counties, facing financial impacts and potential layoffs from the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). The funds will be provided as a reimbursable grant to small businesses and/or CBOs experiencing economic distress. The goals of the fund are to prevent potential layoffs or minimize the duration of unemployment resulting from layoffs due COVID-19.
Eligible businesses and/or CBOs may receive up to $10,000.00 in COVID-19 Layoff Aversion Fund grant funds. CSSF will utilize the following scale to award grants:
- 3–10 employees up to $5,000.00.
- 11–25 employees up to $7,500.00.
- 26–50 employees up to $10,000.00.
How can it help me?
- Purchasing remote access equipment or software that allows employees to work from home (e.g. computers, printers, telephones, headsets, video conferencing software, etc.).
- Paying for services or tools for restaurants or retail establishments to convert to online sales or delivery during Shelter in Place orders.
- Purchasing cleaning/sanitation supplies and/or services that will allow an essential small business to maintain an on-site workforce by reducing exposure to COVID-19.
- Supporting businesses that take advantage of the Short-Time Compensation Program also known as Work Sharing by supplementing the employee’s income and benefits.
- Other creative approaches and strategies to reduce or eliminate the need for layoffs.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The COVID-19 Layoff Aversion Fund is a reimbursable grant for items previously purchased and may not be used for the following:
- Hazard pay.
- Employee wages/benefits other than those utilizing the Short-Time Compensation Program also known as Work Sharing.
- Support services such as childcare, transportation costs, lodging expenses, or meals.