CSX Charitable Investments
CSXSuggest an update
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Applicant type: Indigenous Group Government Entity Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Project / Program
Location of project: Canada, Alabama, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia (US state), Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Mississippi, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia Show all
Location of residency: Alabama, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia (US state), Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Mississippi, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia Show allView website Save Need help writing this grant?
CSX is proud to support people and organizations that in turn honor those who serve our communities. We offer monetary and in-kind resources to nonprofit organizations advocating for the betterment of our nation’s military members or community first responders, and have additional resources available to support other community efforts.
We provide support through:
- Pride in Service Grants for organizations that honor and support veterans, active military, first responders or their families.
- Community Service Grants for organizations making an impact on their greater communities.
- In-kind donations of transportation services, equipment or materials.
Pride In Service Grants
Pride in Service grants are intended to serve those who serve, and will be available to organizations that honor and support national and local heroes – veterans, active military and first responders.
Community Service Grants
CSX Community Service Grants assist organizations that make a strong, quantifiable impact on their greater communities
In Kind Donations
Intermodal Transportation Services
Intermodal transportation services provide applicable organizations with intermodal equipment and rail service throughout the CSX rail network, and afford these organizations an opportunity to reduce or eliminate their transportation spending.
Ideally, intermodal moves work best when freight is moving 500 miles or more. However, the in-kind moves program requires only that freight have an origin and destination within a combined 250 miles’ distance to a CSX intermodal facility.
CSX’s door-to-door product is an ideal solution for the in-kind moves program, as our trained team will pick up your freight at its origin and transport it to a terminal to be placed on an intermodal train. Then, we will pick up your freight at the destination terminal and deliver it directly to its endpoint. The door-to-door network provides service across the Eastern United States with its large nationwide network and trucking capability.
CSX will also work with you to determine the type of equipment that is an ideal fit to transport your freight. CSX has a large fleet of rail-owned containers, as well as an expansive network of channel partners that can provide equipment to fit your needs.
Railroad Equipment and Materials
CSX occasionally donates materials, supplies and used railroad equipment based on availability. The online in-kind application can be used to request the donation of railroad-related items, including retired rail cars when available. Please note that rail, rail ties and spikes are not available for donation or purchase. Applicants will be contacted if the requested item becomes available within 90 days of their online submittal. At that time, arrangements will be made to transfer possession of the requested item. All applicants will be asked to re-submit their application at a later date if the requested item does not become available within the 90-day period.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- To apply for a CSX Community Service Grant, an organization must qualify under one of the following charitable criteria:
- It qualifies by possessing tax-exempt status under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code as listed in the IRS Master File of organizations conducting activities in the United States.
- It qualifies as a state, county or municipal government entity, including law enforcement and fire rescue departments, and seeks funding to serve the needs of the community at large.
- It qualifies as a pre-K–12 school, charter school, community/junior college, or college/university.
- CSX provides support for organizations in the communities where our employees live and work. Your organization must serve one or more of these locations
- Alabama, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Mississippi, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Ontario, Pennsylvania, Quebec, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, Washington DC, West Virginia
- CSX Community Service Grants do not support the following:
- Telephone/mail solicitations (U.S. mail and email)
- Organizations outside of CSX’s service network
- Religious organizations not registered with the IRS
- Organizations that discriminate (based on race, religion, gender or sexual orientation)
- Political candidates or lobbying organizations
- Limited constituency organizations/clubs
- Individuals, conferences, travel
- Anti-business groups or controversial organizations
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the CSX Charitable Investments by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.