King County Cultural Relief Fund
4CultureSuggest an update
Deadline: Jun 5, 2020
Grant amount: Up to US $5,000
Fields of work: Disaster Relief / Humanitarian Aid Art & Culture
Applicant type: Nonprofit, Indigenous Group, Government Entity
Funding uses: General Operating Expense, Project / Program
Location of project: King County, Washington
Location of residency: King County, WashingtonView website Save
Cultural Relief Fund
As closures, cancellations, and loss of work due to COVID-19 impact the King County cultural sector, our Cultural Relief Fund will distribute more than $1 million over the coming months.
Cultural Relief Fund: Organizations
One-time grants of up to $5,000 are available for unexpected costs and losses related to the COVID-19 virus. The first round of funding will be available April 1 through May 15; apply at any time within that time frame. A panel will review applications weekly and notify you within ten business days about the status of your application.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- All applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Any organization whose primary mission relates to arts, heritage, or preservation may apply for Cultural Relief funds.
- However, if you are awarded funds and your organization is not a nonprofit or public development authority, you must find a fiscal sponsor before you can claim your award.
- If you are unable or do not wish to secure a fiscal sponsor, you may apply for Cultural Relief funding as an individual.
- You must have a minimum 2-year track record of programming or activity.
- You must be located in and serving King County, Washington.
- You must demonstrate a direct financial impact from the outbreak of the COVID 19 virus, including but not limited to: loss of income (e.g. ticket sales, admissions, earned revenue, or rental fees) or loss of opportunity (e.g. cancelation of events, including fundraising events; cancellation or postponement of programs).
- You must not be a 4Culture staff, Advisory Committee, or Board member, or a 4Culture Cultural Relief Fund panelist during the period of review.