Culture & Animals Foundation Grant
Culture & Animals FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Anticipated deadline: Jan 31, 2020
Applicant type: Individuals
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Research, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Anywhere in the worldView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Culture & Animals Foundation (CAF) seeks to expand humankind’s understanding and appreciation of other animals, improving the ways in which they are treated in today’s society.
With philosopher Tom Regan at its helm, it was only natural that CAF would look to intellectual and creative pursuits to achieve this goal, fostering dialogue and rigorous exploration of contemporary animal issues.
By appealing to individual intellect, creativity and compassion, CAF believes we can awaken people to the plight and grandeur of kindred animals–and ultimately build a deeper understanding of human-animal relationships and a greater respect for basic animal rights.
Culture & Animals Foundation supports the exploration of human-animal relationships by awarding grants in three categories:
- Research: scholarly projects about animal advocacy and its cultural roots and impact
- Creativity: original work by artists and thinkers that expresses positive concern for animals.
- Performance: public performances and exhibitions, including the products of our research and creative grants, to raise awareness of animal advocacy.
Individual grants normally are given in amounts ranging from a few hundred to a few thousand dollars.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The Foundation funds academic and artistic projects that raise public awareness about concern for animals, awarding grants in three categories:
- Research (scholarly projects about animal advocacy and its cultural roots and impact);
- Creativity (original work by artists and thinkers that expresses positive concern for animals); and
- Performance (public performances and exhibitions to raise awareness of animal advocacy).
- Past recipients are welcome to apply again for funding of a new endeavor or continued development of a previously funded project.
- Preference is given to applicants who do not depend on other sources of external funding.
- CAF does not fund "hands-on" projects including animal rescue, public protest or trap-neuter-release programs.
- CAF does not accept grant applications for multiple projects.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Culture & Animals Foundation Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.