D-backs School Challenge Grant
Arizona Diamondbacks FoundationSuggest an update
Deadline: Sep 30, 2020 3:59pm PDT
Grant amount: Approximately US $5,000
Fields of work: Sports & Athletics Academic Success & Enrichment Physical Fitness Nutrition & Healthy Eating Education - K through 12
Applicant type: Teacher, Elementary / Secondary School
Funding uses: Capital Project, Education / Outreach, Project / Program
Location of project: Arizona
Location of residency: ArizonaView website Save
About this funder:
The Arizona Diamondbacks and University of Phoenix are committed to helping Arizona educators provide the best possible learning experience for their students. We are inviting teachers, coaches and faculty to send us their pitch for a grant of up to $5,000 for their classroom or school.
Grants will be awarded in the following categories:
Education Programs: Grants in this category will provide a unique opportunity that allows schools, teachers and students to fund projects and programs geared toward improving education outcomes for students.
Innovation and Technology: Grants in this category will be used to support innovative teaching strategies and/or technology that improve student performance.
Nutrition and Fitness: Grants in this category will create or enhance access to nutrition information/healthy eating habits or create programming that improves overall nutrition and fitness outcomes for students.
School & Campus Improvements: Grants in this category will address campus improvements that provide a safe and enhanced environment for learning, sports, outdoor play, and/or team activity. In addition, schools are encouraged to apply for grants that improve campus icons that are a source of brand identification or school pride.
All applications will be evaluated by the Foundation to determine financial need in an applicable Category. The Foundation will assess each application and may, in its sole and absolute discretion, award a Grant to a school. Applications should be detailed and provide specific information regarding the impact the program or project will have on students. The scoring is based on the panel’s understanding of the following information based on the application:
- Overall Program/Project Description: The program or project should demonstrate need, innovation and/or creativity.
- Education, Character or Environment Impact: The program or project should positively impact learning, the character and inclusiveness of the student population and/or the learning environment for students.
- Budget/Demonstration of Need: The budget narrative in the application should clearly describe how the grant money will be spent and the amount should be in line with the program impact.All applications will be evaluated by the Foundation to determine financial need in an applicable Category. The Foundation will assess each application and may, in its sole and absolute discretion, award a Grant to a school.
The Arizona Diamondbacks Foundation and University of Phoenix will select winning schools to each receive an estimated $5,000 grant for a total estimated charitable impact of $100,000.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The Program is open to all Arizona public, private, and nonprofit charter schools that provide classes for any Grade K-12.
- Only teachers, coaches, and administrators of the school, eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of submission, may submit an application on behalf of a school.
- All schools and their applicants must meet these eligibility requirements.
Want to discover new grants?
See how we help our customers save time and find new funding by trying out Instrumentl for 14-days free or learn more.
“This is the best foundation match & grant tracking tool I've used in my many years of fundraising.”