DAAD-AICGS Research Fellowship Program
German Academic Exchange Service (Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst - DAAD)
Grant amount: Up to US $10,000
Next deadline: Dec 1, 2018
Later deadlines: Apr 15, 2019
Applicant type: Postdoctoral Researcher Unaffiliated Researcher PhD Student
Funding uses: Fellowship
Location of project: Europe, Germany, United States
Location of residency: Anywhere in the world
Location of citizenship: Germany, United States
Must travel to: District of Columbia
Degree requirements: Applicants must be within a few years of receiving their PhDView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The American Institute for Contemporary German Studies (AICGS), the
leading resource and research center for analysis and assessment of the
German-American relationship in an evolving
Europe and changing world, is pleased to announce the DAAD-AICGS
Research Fellowship Program. The program is designed to bring scholars
and specialists working on Germany, Europe, and/or transatlantic
relations to the AICGS, which is located in Washington, DC, for stays of
two months each.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Project proposals should be compatible with the Institute's mission and
address one or more of the Institute's five research and programming
- Germany and the United States in the Global Economy
- Germany in Europe
- New Security Challenges and Changing Foreign Policy Agendas
- Culture, Values, and Politics
- Transnational Issues
- Applicants must be of German or US nationality.
- If selected as DAAD-AICGS fellows, German nationals must be eligible for and obtain a J-1 visa from a US consulate or embassy in Germany.
- Applicants should have completed or currently be working on a PhD. Only in exceptional cases will fellowships be awarded to applicants with an MA, who are not PhD students.
- Special consideration will be given to research projects relevant to the
Institute's current emphases within these areas (please see the AICGS website for current project information).
- Individuals who have received a grant or other support from the DAAD within three years of the starting date of the fellowship are not eligible to apply
- this does not apply for applicants affiliated with DAAD Centers for German and European Studies.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the DAAD-AICGS Research Fellowship Program by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.