DAAD North America: Conference Funding
German Academic Exchange Service (Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst - DAAD)
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Next anticipated deadline: Oct 31, 2018
Later anticipated deadlines: May 31, 2019
Applicant type: Graduate Student Postdoctoral Researcher Faculty
Funding uses: Conference
Location of project: Canada, United States
Location of residency: Canada, United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Faculty members and advanced students in the humanities, social sciences and related fields are invited to apply for co-funding to organize workshops, seminars and conferences that embrace the interdisciplinary and/or comparative study of the history, politics, economics, law, society, culture and the arts of Germany. Netzwerk Deutsch (formerly: StADaF = Ständige Arbeitsgruppe Deutsch als Fremdsprache / Standing Committee for German as a Foreign Language) funds are made available by the German Foreign Office to encourage distinguished scholarly contributions to a deeper understanding of contemporary Germany in the US and Canada.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Grants can be made for specific projects only; they cannot be made to institutions or be used for annual meetings of societies or solely to finance publications.
- Projects to be funded must be of limited duration, have a clearly defined goal, and, as a general rule, must be carried out within the applicable calendar year.
- A minimum of 50% of project costs have to be contributed from other sources, including the university hosting the event.
- Domestic travel, ground transportation, accommodation for active speakers and panelists, catering costs and honoraria of up to USD 500 for keynote speakers are chargeable expense categories.
- DAAD funding guidelines do not permit use of the contribution to cover transatlantic travel.
- As a German public donor agency, it is also firm and consistent DAAD policy not to fund office overhead or indirect costs at North American universities.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the DAAD North America: Conference Funding by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.