DAAD North America: Group Study Visits Grant
German Academic Exchange Service (Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst - DAAD)Suggest an update
Grant amount: Up to €9,600
Next deadline: Nov 1, 2019
Later deadlines: Feb 1, 2020, May 1, 2020
Applicant type: Faculty College / University
Funding uses: Conference
Location of project: Germany
Location of residency: Canada, United States
Must travel to: GermanyView website Save Need help writing this grant?
DAAD offers financial support for subject-related academic information visits to Germany organized by faculty members for groups of students. Group Study Visit grants are intended to encourage contact with academic institutions, groups and individuals in Germany, and offer insight into current issues in the academic, scientific, economic, political and cultural realms.
DAAD is not responsible for any visa matters regarding entry into Germany or re-entry into the US and Canada for international students.
The Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst (DAAD) / German Academic Exchange Service is a private, publicly funded, self governing organization of higher education institutions in Germany. DAAD promotes international academic relations and cooperation by offering mobility programs primarily for students and faculty, but also for administrators and others in the higher education realm.
DAAD is the German national agency for the support of international academic cooperation. We offer programs and funding for students, faculty, researchers and others in higher education, providing financial support to almost 120,000 individuals per year. We also represent the German higher education system abroad, promote Germany as an academic and research destination, and help build ties between institutions around the world.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- All departments are eligible for this funding.
- The visit should be organized and arranged entirely by the home institution and should have a meaningful relationship to its curriculum.
- The proposed program should also give students a greater understanding of and insight into current issues in the academic, scientific, economic, political and cultural realms in Germany.
- This part must not make up more than one third of the funding term.
- The group should consist of 10 to 15 students (plus one accompanying faculty member) affiliated with an accredited US and Canadian university.
- The students should be at the Bachelor's and Master's level.
- Individual doctoral candidates may also be funded after consultation with DAAD.
- The trip should be for 7 to 12 days, although the visits themselves may last longer. Participants may be drawn from more than one institution.
- Groups will not be eligible for funding in successive years.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the DAAD North America: Group Study Visits Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.