DAAD North America: Learn German in Germany Grant
German Academic Exchange Service (Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst - DAAD)Suggest an update
Grant amount: Approximately €1,800
Anticipated deadline: Jan 31, 2020
Applicant type: Postdoctoral Researcher Faculty
Funding uses: Scholarship
Location of project: Germany
Location of residency: Canada, United States
Age restriction: No more than 46 years of age
Degree requirements: Applicants must be within a few years of receiving their PhDView website Save Need help writing this grant?
DAAD offers up to ten grants to faculty members in all academic fields except German Studies, German Language and Literature, and German Translation and Interpretation to attend intensive language courses at various Goethe-Institut locations in Germany. Four-week courses are offered year-round.
The DAAD's extensive scholarship database for foreign students, graduates and academics offers applicants a wide range of tips and information to help them successfully apply for a scholarship for a course of study, a research assignment or a teaching assignment in Germany.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Applicants must have a basic knowledge of German and be able to demonstrate a need for acquiring a better proficiency in the German language for their future studies or research.
- Applicants must be citizens or permanent residents of the United States or Canada.
- Scholars who hold a PhD (or equivalent) and have been working in research or teaching full-time at a university or research institution in the United States or Canada for at least two years after receipt of the doctorate are eligible.
- Preference will be given to applicants in the social sciences, the natural sciences, engineering and professional schools, who are in mid-career and are under 46 years of age.
- Applicants should not have previously studied in a German-speaking country for more than two months and/or received a grant to attend a German language course from DAAD or any other organization within the last three years.
- Faculty members who teach in the fields of German Studies, German Language and Literature, or German Translation and Interpretation are not eligible.
- International or domestic travel is not included.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the DAAD North America: Learn German in Germany Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.