DAAD North America: Re-invitation Grant
German Academic Exchange Service (Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst - DAAD)Suggest an update
Grant amount: Up to €6,450
Next anticipated deadline: May 15, 2019 2:59pm PDT
Later anticipated deadlines: Oct 15, 2019 2:59pm PDT
Applicant type: Faculty
Funding uses: Research
Location of project: Germany
Location of residency: Canada, United States
Location of citizenship: Canada, United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
DAAD Re-Invitation Grant
DAAD offers grants for one to three months in all academic disciplines to scholars at US and Canadian institutions of higher education to pursue research at universities, libraries, archives, institutes or laboratories in Germany.
The aim of this particular program is to enable former scholarship holder to carry out research projects in Germany and to maintain contacts as part of DAAD’s global alumni network. Grants are awarded for research and work projects.
Duration of the Funding
Duration of the funding is one to three months; the length of the grant is decided by a selection committee and depends on the project in question and the applicant's work schedule.
Monthly payments of EUR 2,000 for lecturers and assistant professor; EUR 2,150 for associate professors and full professors.
If the applicant's research or work project requires travel within Germany to at least three different locations, DAAD may provide a travel subsidy of up to EUR 150.
All DAAD Grantees receive mandatory health insurance through DAAD. The monthly contribution to the insurance of EUR 138 is deducted from the stipend and cannot be waived.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- This program is for former holders of DAAD research grants or study scholarships who were funded for a period of over six months.
- The research or working project must be coordinated with a cooperation partner in Germany.
- Applicants must be citizens or permanent residents of the United States or Canada. German nationals must have been affiliated with a US or Canadian institution in full-time employment for at least ten consecutive years.
- Applicants should possess adequate knowledge of the German language to carry out the proposed research or work project.
- Applicants must have returned to their home country at least three years previously.
- A change of dates for recipients of the Re-Invitation Grant is a rare exception granted only in special circumstances.
- What can be funded?
- Research and work projects at state or state-recognized institutions of higher education or non-university research institutes in Germany.
- Working stays at an institution in business, administration, culture or media for former scholarship holders who work outside the science sector.
- A research or working visit can also take place at several host institutions.
- Funding may only be claimed once within three years.
- Grants cannot be used for travel only.
- Airfare to Germany will not be covered.
- Lecture tours, attendance at conferences or conventions, editorial meetings or extended guest professorships are not funded.
- Applicants may not hold a DAAD grant and a grant from another German or German-American organization concurrently for the same project.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the DAAD North America: Re-invitation Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.