DAAD North America: Re-invitation Grant
German Academic Exchange Service (Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst - DAAD)
Grant amount: Up to €6,450
Next deadline: Oct 15, 2018 2:59pm PDT
Later deadlines: May 15, 2019 2:59pm PDT
Applicant type: Faculty
Funding uses: Research
Location of project: Germany
Location of residency: Canada, United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
DAAD offers grants for one to three months in all academic disciplines to scholars at US and Canadian institutions of higher education to pursue research at universities, libraries, archives, institutes or laboratories in Germany.
The aim of this particular program is to enable former scholarship holder to carry out research projects in Germany and to maintain contacts as part of DAAD’s global alumni network. Grants are awarded for research and work projects.
Duration of the funding is one to three months; the length of the grant is decided by a selection committee and depends on the project in question and the applicant's work schedule.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- This program is for former holders of DAAD research grants or study scholarships who were funded for a period of over six months.
- German nationals must have been affiliated with a US or Canadian institution in full-time employment for at least ten consecutive years.
- Applicants should possess adequate knowledge of the German language to carry out the proposed research or work project.
- Applicants must have returned to their home country at least three years previously.
- Funding may only be claimed once within three years.
- The grant is non-renewable.
- Grants cannot be used for travel only.
- Airfare to Germany will not be covered.
- Lecture tours, attendance at conferences or conventions, editorial meetings or extended guest professorships are not funded.
- Applicants may not hold a DAAD grant and a grant from another German or German-American organization concurrently for the same project.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the DAAD North America: Re-invitation Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.