DAAD North America: Research Grants – One-Year Grants
German Academic Exchange Service (Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst - DAAD)
Grant amount: €5,250 - €10,000
Anticipated deadline: Nov 4, 2018 3:00pm PST
Applicant type: Postdoctoral Researcher PhD Student
Funding uses: Research, Scholarship
Location of project: Germany
Location of residency: Canada, United States
Must travel to: Germany
Degree requirements: Applicants must be within 2 years of receiving their PhDView website Save Need help writing this grant?
DAAD research grants provide foreign doctoral candidates and young academics and scientists with an opportunity to carry out research and continue their education in Germany. There are funding programmes for various qualification phases and stages in a career. The grants also promote the exchange of experience and networking amongst colleagues.
The primary aim of this programme is to promote research projects within the context of doctoral programmes.
Duration of the funding is 7 months to usually 10 months; the length of the grant is decided by a selection committee and depends on the project in question and the applicant's work schedule.
Depending on academic level, monthly payments of:
- euros 750. - for graduates
- euros 1,000. - for doctoral candidates and postdocs
- Payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance cover
- Travel allowance, unless these expenses are covered by the home country or another source of funding
- One-off research allowance
- Under certain circumstances, grant holders may receive the following additional benefits:
- monthly rent subsidy
- monthly allowance for accompanying members of family
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Who can apply?
- Excellently-qualified doctoral candidates and young academics and scientists who have completed a Master's degree or Diplom, or in exceptional cases a Bachelor's degree at the latest by the time they begin their grant-supported research, or those who have already completed a PhD (postdocs).
- What can be funded:
- A research project or course of continuing education at a state or state-recognised institution of higher education in Germany or a non-university research institute, which is being carried out in coordination with an academic adviser in Germany
- Eligible Applicants:
- US or Canadian citizens or permanent residents
- Foreign nationals who live in the USA or in Canada and by the time of application deadline have gained their last degree in the US/Canada or will be gaining it before the beginning of their funding period.
- As a rule, applicants should not have graduated any longer than six years before the application deadline.
- If you already hold a doctoral degree, you should not have completed your doctorate more than two years ago.
- Doctoral candidates should not have started their doctoral degree any longer than three years previously.
- The grant is non-renewable.
- Applicants who have been resident in Germany for longer than 15 months at the application deadline cannot be considered.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the DAAD North America: Research Grants – One-Year Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.