DAAD North America: Research Stays Grants
German Academic Exchange Service (Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst - DAAD)Suggest an update
Next deadline: Oct 15, 2020 2:59pm PDT
Later deadlines: May 15, 2021 2:59pm PDT
Grant amount: €2,000 - €6,450
Fields of work: All fields of work
Applicant type: Postdoctoral Researcher, Faculty, Unaffiliated Researcher
Funding uses: Research
Location of project: Germany
Location of residency: Canada, United States
Location of citizenship: Canada, Germany, United States
Must travel to: Germany
Degree requirements: Applicants must be within a few years of receiving their PhDView website Save
DAAD offers grants for one to three months in all academic disciplines to scholars at US and Canadian institutions of higher education to pursue research at universities, libraries, archives, institutes or laboratories in Germany. The aim of this particular program is to support short-term research stays and thus promote the exchange of experience and networking amongst colleagues. Grants are awarded for research and working projects.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Scholars at US or Canadian universities or research institutions who:
- hold the Ph.D. (or equivalent) and
- have been working in research or teaching full time for at least two years at the time of application and after receipt of the doctorate are eligible.
- German nationals must have been affiliated with a US or Canadian institution in full-time employment for at least ten consecutive years.
- Applicants should possess adequate knowledge of the German language to carry out the proposed research.
- Applicants may not hold a DAAD grant and a grant from another German or German-American organization concurrently for the same project.
- Former recipients of DAAD research grants who wish to apply again may do so after a lapse of at least three years.
- Funding may only be claimed once within three years.
- Research projects at state or state-recognized institutions of higher education or non-university research institutes in Germany can be funded.
- A research visit can also take place at several host institutions.
- Grants cannot be used only for travel.
- Airfare to Germany will not be covered.
- Lecture tours, attendance at conferences or conventions, editorial meetings or extended guest professorships are not funded.
- The grant is non-renewable.