DAAD North America: RISE Germany
German Academic Exchange Service (Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst - DAAD)
Grant amount: Up to €2,000
Anticipated deadline: Jan 15, 2019
Applicant type: Undergraduate Student
Funding uses: Scholarship
Location of project: Germany
Location of residency: Canada, United Kingdom, United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
RISE stands for Research Internships in Science and Engineering. RISE Germany offers undergraduate students from North American and British universities the opportunity to complete a summer research internship at top German universities and research institutions.
- Students are matched with a host university or institute according to their area of interest (biology, chemistry, physics, earth sciences, engineering, or a closely related field)
- DAAD provides students a monthly stipend for three months to help cover living expenses
- Host universities and institutes provide housing assistance and match students with Ph.D. student mentors
- German language is not required and the working language will be in English
You can start your internship between May 15 and July 7, 2017
for a duration of three month (minimum stay ten weeks). Generally
speaking the start dates in the internship offers are meant as a
timeframe. They are somewhat flexible and would be determined between
you and your PhD supervisor. Get in touch with the PhD student if you
have questions about the dates.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Be currently enrolled at a university/college in the United States, Canada or the UK as a full-time student in the field of biology, chemistry, physics, earth sciences or engineering (or a closely related field)
- Be an undergraduate who will have completed at least 2 years of a degree program by the time of the internship placement
- Prove that you will maintain undergraduate status after the internship has taken place
- German language skills are not required for most positions but would be helpful to manage everyday life outside of the laboratory.
- The working language will generally be English.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the DAAD North America: RISE Germany by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.