DAAD North America: Short-Term Research Grants Programme
German Academic Exchange Service (Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst - DAAD)
Grant amount: Up to €6,000
Next anticipated deadline: Nov 4, 2018
Later anticipated deadlines: May 1, 2019
Applicant type: Postdoctoral Researcher PhD Student
Funding uses: Scholarship, Research
Location of project: Germany
Location of residency: Canada, United States
Degree requirements: Applicants must be within 4 years of receiving their PhDView website Save Need help writing this grant?
NOTE: Application deadline depends on the start date of your stay. See here for details.
DAAD research grants provide foreign doctoral candidates and young academics and scientists with an opportunity to carry out research or continue their education in Germany. There are funding programmes for various qualification phases and stages in a career. The grants also promote the exchange of experience and networking amongst colleagues.
The primary aim of this programme is to promote research projects within the context of doctoral programmes.
What can be funded?
A research project or course of continuing education at a state or state-recognised institution of higher education or a non-university research institute in Germany, which is being carried out in coordination with an academic adviser in Germany.
Duration of the funding
One month to a maximum of six months; the length of the grant is decided by a selection committee and depends on the project in question and the applicant's work schedule.
The grant is non-renewable.
- Monthly payment of euros 1,000.-
- Payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance cover
- Travel allowance, unless these expenses are covered by the home country or another source of funding
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Excellently-qualified doctoral candidates and young academics and scientists who have completed a Master's degree or Diplom, or in exceptional cases a Bachelor's degree at the latest by the time they begin their grant-supported research, or those who have already completed a PhD (postdocs).
- What requirements must be met?
- US or Canadian citizens or permanent residents.
- Foreign nationals who have been living in Canada for at least one year at application deadline.
- As a rule, spplicants should not have graduated any longer than six years before the application deadline
- If you already hold a doctoral degree, you should not have completed your doctorate more than four years ago. Doctoral candidates should not have started their doctoral degree any longer than three years previously.
- Language skills
- The required language level depends on the applicant's study plans and subject:
- In the arts, social sciences and in law, at least a good knowledge of German is usually expected.
- For the natural sciences and engineering, proof of good English language skills may also be accepted if English is spoken at the host institute.
- Applicants who have been resident in Germany for longer than 15 months at the application deadline cannot be considered.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the DAAD North America: Short-Term Research Grants Programme by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.