DAAD North America: Short-Term Research Grants Programme
German Academic Exchange Service (Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst - DAAD)
Grant amount: Up to €6,000
Applicant type: Postdoctoral Researcher PhD Student
Funding uses: Research
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Canada, United States
Degree requirements: Applicants must be within 4 years of receiving their PhDView website Save Need help writing this grant?
DAAD research grants provide foreign doctoral candidates and young academics and scientists with an opportunity to carry out research or continue their education in Germany. There are funding programmes for various qualification phases and stages in a career. The grants also promote the exchange of experience and networking amongst colleagues.
The primary aim of this programme is to promote research projects within the context of doctoral programmes.
The DAAD's extensive scholarship database for foreign students, graduates and academics offers applicants a wide range of tips and information to help them successfully apply for a scholarship for a course of study, a research assignment or a teaching assignment in Germany.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Excellently-qualified doctoral candidates and young academics and scientists who have completed a Master's degree or Diplom, or in exceptional cases a Bachelor's degree at the latest by the time they begin their grant-supported research, or those who have already completed a PhD (postdocs).
- Foreign Nationals are eligible to apply if they have been living in the US/Canada for a minimum of one year at the time of application and if their current residence is in the US/Canada.
- applicants should not have graduated any longer than six years before the application deadline
- If you already hold a doctoral degree, you should not have completed your doctorate more than four years ago. Doctoral candidates should not have started their doctoral degree any longer than three years previously.
- Applicants who have been resident in Germany for longer than 15 months at the application deadline cannot be considered.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the DAAD North America: Short-Term Research Grants Programme by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.