DAAD North America: Study Scholarship
German Academic Exchange Service (Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst - DAAD)Suggest an update
Grant amount: Up to €18,000
Anticipated deadline: Nov 4, 2020 2:00pm PST
Applicant type: Undergraduate Student Masters Student
Funding uses: Scholarship
Location of project: Germany
Location of residency: Canada, United StatesView website Save
Highly qualified final year undergraduate students or those who have received an undergraduate degree of all disciplines may apply for the DAAD Study Scholarship for a full master's degree program at a German university or for study at a German university as part of a postgraduate or Master's degree program completed in the home country.
The DAAD's extensive scholarship database for foreign students, graduates and academics offers applicants a wide range of tips and information to help them successfully apply for a scholarship for a course of study, a research assignment or a teaching assignment in Germany.
Study Scholarships are granted for one academic year with the possibility of a one-year extension for those wishing to complete a full degree program in Germany. If the degree program includes an additional study abroad (outside of Germany) lasting several months, funding for this period abroad is usually only possible under the following conditions:
- The additional study visit is essential for achievement of the scholarship objective.
- The additional study period is no longer than a quarter of the scholarship period.
- The additional study period does not take place in applicant’s home country.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Eligible applicants:
- Students in their last year of undergraduate studies at an accredited US or Canadian university.
- US or Canadian citizens or permanent residents.
- Foreign nationals who live in the USA or in Canada by the time of application deadline are eligible if your last degree was obtained in the US/Canada, or you will have received a degree in the US/Canada before your scholarship starts.
- All other foreign nationals may need to apply via a different DAAD office.
- Recent BA/BS or MA/MS graduates who completed their last degree no longer than 6 years ago.
- US/Canadian students in the first year of a master’s degree program in Germany may apply to fund their second year.
- Applicants may not have been living in Germany for more than 15 consecutive months by the time of application deadline.
- Supplementary funding from a non-German funding body may in some cases be permitted.
- However, they would then be treated as additional earnings, i.e. grants exceeding the tax-free income level in Germany (currently € 450 per month) would be deducted from the DAAD scholarship, unless the grant payments will be put on hold for the duration of your DAAD scholarship.
- DAAD scholarship recipients are not permitted to receive supplementary funding through any other German funding body.
- Longer periods of additional study abroad (outside of Germany) cannot be funded, even partially.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the DAAD North America: Study Scholarship by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.