DAAD North America: Undergraduate Scholarship
German Academic Exchange Service (Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst - DAAD)
Grant amount: €2,600 - €6,500
Anticipated deadline: Jan 31, 2019 2:59pm PST
Applicant type: Undergraduate Student
Funding uses: Scholarship
Location of project: Germany
Location of residency: Canada, United States
Must travel to: GermanyView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Highly qualified undergraduate students are invited to apply for scholarships funding study, senior thesis research and/or internships in Germany. The goal of this program is to support study abroad in Germany and at German universities. Preference will be given to students whose projects or programs are based at and organized by a German university. Scholarships are available either as part of an organized study abroad program or an independent study abroad semester or year.
Scholarships may be granted for a minimum of 4 (one semester) and a
maximum of 10 months (one academic year). The scholarship period must
take place during the German academic year, i.e. September/October 2017 -
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Currently second and third year students and will be in their third and fourth year during their stay in Germany.
- Seeking DAAD support for a 4-10 month period in Germany during the German academic year.
- Possess outstanding academic records and personal integrity, as evinced by both their grades and letters of recommendation.
- Have well-defined study, research or internship plans for their stay in Germany.
- Submit the DAAD language evaluation form with their application, although German language competency is not mandatory.
- Demonstrate an interest in contemporary German and European affairs and who explain the significance of their project in Germany to their future studies, research or professional goals.
- Enrolled, full-time students in an undergraduate degree-granting program at an accredited North American college or university.
- Will return to the US or Canada after the scholarship period to complete their bachelor's degree.
- What can be funded?
- Study abroad & exchanges.
- Senior thesis research stays.
- Internships of 3 months or less as part of a semester of study abroad.
- Internships of up to 10 months that are a mandatory and integral part of
the course of studies.Internships of 3 months or less as part of a
semester of study abroad.
- Preference will be given to students whose projects or programs are based at and organized by a German university.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the DAAD North America: Undergraduate Scholarship by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.