Dan and Margaret Maddox Charitable Fund Grant
Dan and Margaret Maddox Charitable Fund
Grant amount: Approximately US $20,000
Anticipated deadline: Jan 16, 2019 2:30pm PST
Applicant type: Nonprofit College / University
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Counties in Tennessee: Bedford County, Cannon County, Cheatham County, Clay County, Coffee County, Davidson County, DeKalb County, Dickson County, Franklin County, Giles County, Grundy County, Hickman County, Houston County, Humphreys County, Jackson County, Lawrence County, Lewis County, Lincoln County, Macon County, Marion County, Maury County, Montgomery County, Moore County, Overton County, Perry County, Pickett County, Putnam County, Robertson County, Rutherford County, Sequatchie County, Smith County, Stewart County, Sumner County, Trousdale County, Van Buren County, Warren County, Wayne County, White County, Williamson County, Wilson County Expand all
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Dan and Margaret Maddox Charitable Fund’s mission is to better our community through strategic investments in furthering wildlife conservation, and in improving the lives of young people.
We invest in efforts that:
- Focus on education
- Focus on low-income youth
- Support and protect wildlife habitats, especially those important for hunting and fishing
We look for initiatives that operate out of:
- A mindset of effective management and excellence
- A culture of results and innovation
- A philosophy of high impact (micro or macro)
- Approaches that have the ability to significantly improve the lives and communities of the underserved
Our founders had a commitment to helping disadvantaged young people who strive to better their lives. And they had a love of nature and a passion for hunting and fishing.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Non-profits serving 41 counties in Middle Tennessee (see map here)
- The Maddox Charitable Fund requires all grantees to have an up-to-date GivingMatters.com profile.
- Additional information for Faith Based Nonprofits:
- The Maddox Charitable Fund supports nonprofits organizations that:
- respect and value all faith traditions,
- do not proselytize or evangelize
- Within our three areas of interest, the Charitable Fund will not consider:
- Organizations incorporated for less than 3 years
- 501(c)(3) organizations that are government or government affiliates, supporting organizations (May be approved depending on the nature of the project) or private foundations
- Debt reduction
- Capital gifts (May be approved depending on the nature of the project)
- Organizations not operating programs within the 41 counties of Middle Tennessee
- Scholarships to specific institutions not previously supported by Dan and Margaret Maddox
- Organizations primarily engaged in lobbying
- Organizations formed for political activity
- Congregations or religious organizations for projects that primarily benefit their own members or for evangelical purposes. Exceptions are made for programs that:
- receive broad community support,
- keep separate financial statements,
- primarily benefit persons outside their congregational members.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Dan and Margaret Maddox Charitable Fund Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.