Daniel E. Stuntz Memorial Foundation: Individual Grant
Daniel E. Stuntz Memorial Foundation
Grant amount: Up to US $10,000
Next deadline: Oct 1, 2018
Later deadlines: Feb 1, 2019
Applicant type: Undergraduate Student Graduate Student Postdoctoral Researcher Faculty Unaffiliated Researcher
Funding uses: Research
Location of project: Canada, Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Washington Expand all
Location of residency: Anywhere in the worldView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The object of the DESMF grant program is to provide financial support for mycological research and education in the Pacific Northwest. Although a wide range of mycological subjects can be considered, priority will be given to projects involving mushroom-forming fungi (“macrofungi,” “macromycetes”), as they were the focus of Dr. Stuntz’s research.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Individual students, researchers, or teachers who may or may not be working under the auspices of a college, university, or other institution.
- Applicants do not necessarily have to reside in the Pacific Northwest as long as the research involves or pertains to Pacific Northwest fungi or the educational activity takes place in the Pacific Northwest and benefits the Pacific Northwest mycological community.
- For purposes of the DESMF grant program, the Pacific Northwest is considered to comprise Washington, Oregon, Idaho, western Montana, southern British Columbia, and southeast and south-coastal Alaska.
- Given our limited resources, DESMF favorably views projects that have obtained (or will obtain) matching (or greater) funding from other sources.
- The Dr. Patricia Allynson Winter Fund comprises a large portion of the Foundation’s resources and the late Dr. Winter directed that grants from this Fund reflect her expressed priorities. Thus, consideration of applications that would be awarded from the Winter Fund (as determined by DESMF) will be guided by Dr. Winter’s following order of preference:
- Female students of mycology who plan to continue in the teaching profession
- Other students of mycology
- Post-doctoral research or study in mycology
- General support of mycology classes or activities
- Expenses for visiting lecturing professional mycologists
- Amateur mycology students and/or support of their activities
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Daniel E. Stuntz Memorial Foundation: Individual Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.