Stuntz Mycology Fund: Mini Grant
Daniel E. Stuntz Memorial Foundation
Grant amount: Up to US $250
Applicant type: Teacher Faculty
Funding uses: Education / Outreach
Location of project: Canada, Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Washington Expand all
Location of residency: Canada, Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Washington Expand allView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The object of the Stuntz Mycology Fund (SMF) grant program is to provide financial support for mycological research and education in the Pacific Northwest.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Applicants do not necessarily have to reside in the Pacific Northwest as long as the research involves or pertains to Pacific Northwest fungi or the educational activity takes place in the Pacific Northwest and benefits the Pacific Northwest mycological community.
- For purposes of the DESMF grant program, the Pacific Northwest is considered to comprise Washington, Oregon, Idaho, western Montana, southern British Columbia, and southeast and south-coastal Alaska.
- Although a wide range of mycological subjects can be considered, priority will be given to projects involving mushroom-forming fungi (“macrofungi,” “macromycetes”), as they were the focus of Dr. Stuntz’s research.
- Given our limited resources, DESMF favorably views projects that have obtained (or will obtain) matching (or greater) funding from other sources.
- The Dr. Patricia Allynson Winter Fund comprises roughly half of the DESMF’s resources and the late Dr. Winter directed that grants from this Fund reflect her expressed priorities.
- Thus, consideration of applications that would be awarded from the Winter Fund (as determined by SMF) will be guided by Dr. Winter’s following order of preference
- Female students of mycology who plan to continue in the teaching profession
- Other students of mycology
- Post-doctoral research or study in mycology
- General support of mycology classes or activities
- Expenses for visiting lecturing professional mycologists
- Amateur mycology students and/or support of their activities
- The foregoing order of preference does not apply to consideration of applications that would be awarded outside the Winter Fund.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Stuntz Mycology Fund: Mini Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.