Daniel Turnberg Travel Fellowships
The Academy of Medical SciencesSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to £9,000
Anticipated deadline: Jan 15, 2021 8:00am PST
Applicant type: Graduate Student Postdoctoral Researcher Faculty Doctor Research Scientist
Funding uses: Research, Fellowship
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Egypt; Israel; Jordan; Lebanon; Palestine, State of; United Kingdom Show all
Degree requirements: Applicants must be within a few years of receiving their PhDView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Daniel Turnberg Travel Fellowships give early-career biomedical researchers the chance to undertake short-term visits to further their research experience and learn new techniques. This scheme aims to build research links and developing ongoing scientific collaborations between the UK and the Middle East.
About the Scheme
The scheme was established by the Academy in partnership with Lord and Lady Turnberg, in memory of their late son Daniel Turnberg, a doctor and researcher with a keen interest in fostering links between the UK and the Middle East.
The aim of the scheme is to encourage researchers to experience an alternative research environment, to learn new techniques and develop ideas for future collaborations. The Fellowships are aimed primarily at early- and mid-career scientists, particularly those just embarking on a career in research.
Since its launch in 2008, the scheme has awarded over 270 Travel Fellowships, to researchers from all countries eligible to apply.
These travel fellowships provide an opportunity for biomedical researchers from the Middle East to visit a research institution of their choice in the UK, and for those from the UK to visit a research institution of their choice in the Middle East.
What is Offered
The scheme offers the opportunity for biomedical researchers from the Middle East to visit a research institution of their choice in the UK, and for those from the UK to visit a research institution of their choice in the Middle East.
The Fellowship will cover airfare and a subsistence allowance for a period of up to four weeks. Funding is provided to an upper limit of £3,500 per fellowship (up to £750 of which can be used to cover the cost of airfares).
The proposed visit should take place within 10 months of the date of award.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- They are open to medical and non-medical graduates who can show a commitment to a career in research.
- Applicants will typically, but not necessarily, be at post-doctoral level.
- Your research may be in any field within biomedical research, but the funding may only be used to support studies that are relevant to human health.
- Your proposal must be a discrete research project, it cannot be used as additional funding for another project or help pay for conference or PhD travel.
- While there can be a training element to the project it must not be wholly training.
- The countries included in the scheme are the UK, Israel, Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon and the Palestinian Territories.
- You must either be based in the UK and plan to work in one of the other countries, or intend to come to a UK institution from one of the other countries.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Daniel Turnberg Travel Fellowships by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.