Daniel Turnberg Travel Fellowships
The Academy of Medical Sciences
Grant amount: Up to £9,000
Anticipated deadline: Jan 11, 2019 8:00am PST
Applicant type: Graduate Student Postdoctoral Researcher Faculty Doctor Research Scientist
Funding uses: Research, Fellowship
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Egypt; Israel; Jordan; Lebanon; Palestine, State of; United Kingdom Expand all
Degree requirements: Applicants must be within a few years of receiving their PhDView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Daniel Turnberg Travel Fellowships give early-career biomedical researchers the chance to undertake short-term visits to further their research experience and learn new techniques. This scheme aims to build research links and developing ongoing scientific collaborations between the UK and the Middle East.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- They are open to medical and non-medical graduates who can show a commitment to a career in research.
- Applicants will typically, but not necessarily, be at post-doctoral level.
- Your research may be in any field within biomedical research, but the funding may only be used to support studies that are relevant to human health.
- Your proposal must be a discrete research project, it cannot be used as additional funding for another project or help pay for conference or PhD travel.
- While there can be a training element to the project it must not be wholly training.
- The countries included in the scheme are the UK, Israel, Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon and the Palestinian Territories.
- You must either be based in the UK and plan to work in one of the other countries, or intend to come to a UK institution from one of the other countries.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Daniel Turnberg Travel Fellowships by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.