David B. Jones Foundation Grant
David B. Jones Foundation
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Applicant type: Nonprofit College / University
Funding uses: Research, Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: United States
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The David B. Jones Foundation is a private foundation. It was established in May 1998 to make grants to domestic 501 (c)(3) organizations in furtherance of educational, research, and charitable activities working in the science of paleontology who primarily promote those activities within the United States of America. It's mission is to support research in paleontology, to encourage writing and publication of articles relating to paleontology, and to support educational programs and training for young and amateur fossil hunters.
The David B. Jones foundation makes grants to qualified 501 (c)(3) charitable organizations that address the foundation’s mission in paleontology.
The foundation makes grants in the following forms:
- One-Time grants: single-year grants used for a specific purpose.
- Multiyear grants: commitments for funding a project or program to be paid in increments over a period of time no longer than five years.
- Start-Up Program grant: encourage and support the development of a new program.
- Challenge or Matching grants: require the recipient to provide a percentage of the funding to implement their project or program.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The David B. Jones foundation makes grants to qualified 501 (c)(3) charitable organizations that address the foundation’s mission in paleontology.
- The foundation will not make the following types of grants. Any request for funding for these purposes will be denied:
- Grants to individuals for any purpose
- Grants to religious organizations for religious purposes
- Grants to international organizations that do not have a qualified domestic § 501(c) (3) representative
- Grants to private foundations (other than operating foundations)
- Grants to endowments or other discretionary funding pools
- Grants for dinners, balls, or other ticketed events
- Grants for political purposes
- Grants for lobbying activities
- Grants for purposes outside of the foundation's funding priorities as listed in the prior section.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the David B. Jones Foundation Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.