David B. Lichtenstein Foundation Grants
David B. Lichtenstein FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $400,000
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Research, Project / Program, Capital Project
Location of project: Missouri
Location of residency: MissouriView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
NOTE: Grants must be approved by the board of directors, which meets semi-annually for this purpose. Please provide provide proof that you are a 5013c.
About the Foundation
David B. Lichtenstein Sr. attended law school and went on to establish the Liberty Loan Corp., which ultimately grew to more than 200 offices. His business success allowed him to formalize his philanthropy in 1947 and found the Lichtenstein Foundation, a 501(c)(3) private foundation that stipulates all proceeds be used to benefit the people of Missouri.
The Foundation has given several gifts to the Missouri Botanical Garden, including the Lichtenstein Lodge at Shaw Nature Reserve and the new Victorian Garden.
In Columbia the Foundation provides much needed funding to several organizations, including the Boone County Health Department’s K-12 immunization program, the Women’s and Children’s Hospital Neo-Natal Intensive Care Unit, and the Ellis Fischel Cancer Center.
The foundation is currently considering grants in four major areas:
- Cancer Awareness and Breast Cancer Support – to foster innovation and research and support clinical services and outreach.
- Assistance to Special Needs Kids – to support organizations that provide programs and services to children with disabilities.
- Health and Welfare – to assist organizations providing health programs and services for children and young adults.
- Arts, Education and Conservation – to foster education and the arts and provide support for animal conservation and research.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The foundation is organized to benefit Missouri organizations and affiliates which are organized and operated for charitable purposes within Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
- Proposals will only be considered for programs within the State of Missouri.
- The foundation does not consider grants for individuals, scholarship funds or sectarian religious activities.
- Generally the foundation will not consider requests for fundraising drives or general operating funds.
- It will not make grants intended to directly or indirectly support political candidates or influence legislation.
- Multi-year capital projects may be considered but it is not generally the foundation’s intention to provide annual operating support.
- In general, it is not the foundation’s desire to be the sole source of funding for a project.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the David B. Lichtenstein Foundation Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.