Woodward Fund Grant
David, Helen, and Marian Woodward Fund (Atlanta)Suggest an update
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Next deadline: Apr 1, 2020
Later deadlines: Sep 1, 2020
Applicant type: Indigenous Group Government Entity Nonprofit
Funding uses: Project / Program, Education / Outreach, Capital Project
Location of project: Preferred: Georgia (US state) Other eligible locations: Alabama, Florida, Georgia (US state), North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee Show all
Location of residency: Preferred: Georgia (US state) Other eligible locations: Alabama, Florida, Georgia (US state), North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee Show allView website Save
About the Foundation
It was fitting — and only natural —
that, upon her death in 1974, Marian Woodward Ottley would establish by
Will, the David, Helen, and Marian Woodward Fund in loving memory of
her parents, and in her words, “In order to carry out their wishes and
mine in attempting to make this a better world for those who come after
Her Will created a distribution committee to direct the trustee to distribute income and principal exclusively to or for the benefit of non-profit institutions, corporations, and associations that are located in Georgia or one of its neighboring states and that are organized and operated exclusively for religious, educational, charitable, or scientific purposes. The fund also awards grants to governmental agencies.
Mrs. Ottley suggested that, in considering grants, the committee take into account the fact that during her lifetime the preponderance of her gifts to education and charity were distributed to institutions that had religious affiliations.
The distribution committee has attempted to carry out Mrs. Ottley’s wishes. It will continue to do so in an effort to make this a better world for those who come after her generous family.
As stated in the Will of Marian Woodward Ottley, the fund’s mission is “to make this a better world for those who come after us.”
- Arts, culture, and humanities
- Environment, animals
- Human services
- International/foreign affairs
- Public/society benefit
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The David, Helen and Marian Woodward Fund - Atlanta makes grants to qualified 501(c)(3) organizations.
- Grants are focused on capital projects and educational programs demonstrating enhanced graduation rates.
- Geographic limitations: Georgia or one of its neighboring states.
- Focuses on capital improvement and project grants with a priority toward educational institutions.
- Historically, preference has been given to organizations in Georgia.
- Committee does not fund annual program grants.
- All applicants are requested to wait at least two years from the date of any previous application or grant award payment before submitting a new proposal to the fund.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Woodward Fund Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.