David Phillips Fellowship
Biotechnology and Biological Sciences Research CouncilSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to £1,000,000
Deadline: May 9, 2019 8:00am PDT
Applicant type: Postdoctoral Researcher
Funding uses: Fellowship
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: United KingdomView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Proposals can be submitted in any area of science within our remit. We particularly encourage applications that are aligned with our overarching strategic priorities.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Applicants should hold a PhD, but not hold, have held or had the offer of an academic position at Lecturer level (or the equivalent in institutions other than universities).
- Please note that if applicants have previously applied for BBSRC grant funding as a Principal Investigator or Co-Investigator (therefore confirming that they hold a lecturer level or equivalent post) they are not eligible to apply for a fellowship
- It is expected that applicants will have at least three years of active postdoctoral research experience prior to February 2018
- We particularly encourage applications that are aligned with our overarching strategic priorities as described in our Strategic Plan.
- Agriculture and Food Security
- Industrial Biotechnology and bioenergy
- Bioscience for health
- Note: David Phillips Fellowship applicants are not eligible to apply to any additional 2018 BBSRC fellowship competitions.
- Additionally, applicants for a BBSRC David Phillips Fellowship are not permitted to simultaneously apply to the UK Research and Innovation Future Leaders Fellowship call.
- However, applicants may seek grant support for other projects, from specific research councils or other funders’ calls, while their BBSRC fellowship is under consideration. Any fellowship or grant submissions under consideration at the time of application should be noted in the ‘Other Support’ section of the proposal form. Applicants detailing multiple submissions will not be penalised during the assessment process.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the David Phillips Fellowship by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.