Davis Family Foundation Grants
Davis Family FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: US $500 - US $50,000
Next anticipated deadline: May 10, 2020 2:00pm PDT
Later anticipated deadlines: Aug 10, 2020 2:00pm PDT, Nov 10, 2020 2:00pm PST, Feb 10, 2021 2:00pm PST
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Project / Program, Biomedical
Location of project: Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont Show all
Location of residency: Preferred: Maine Other eligible locations: Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont Show allView website Save
About this funder:
The Davis Family Foundation is a public charitable foundation established by Phyllis C. Davis and H. Halsey Davis of Falmouth, Maine, to support educational, medical and cultural/arts organizations located primarily in Maine.
The Foundation only supports organizations whose primary purpose falls within one of the following categories:
Educational Organizations Colleges, universities, and other educational institutions. (Grants are not made to public elementary and secondary schools, nor to schools that receive financial support from a church or other religious organization. Trustees will consider requests from other educational organizations whose purpose is to promote systemic change in education or provide innovative programs whose objectives are to improve education.)
Educational Priorities: In addition to the regular areas of giving, the Foundation is particularly interested in three priority areas:
- Early childhood education programs that promote school readiness and grade level reading by end of 3rd grade
- Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) programs that teach and engage students
- Middle school programs that offer effective alternative methods of education
Medical Organizations: hospitals, clinics and medical research organizations. Grant requests will also be considered from other similar health organizations for programs designed to increase the effectiveness or decrease the cost of medical care.
Cultural/Arts Organizations: organizations whose customary and primary activity is to promote music, theater, drama, history, literature, the arts or other similar cultural activities.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Organizations determined to be tax-exempt under Section 501(c)(3) of the IRS code and "not a private foundation" under Section 509(a) of the code are eligible to apply for funding.
- The foundation supports predominantly Maine-based organizations. Rarely are grants awarded to organizations in other New England states.
- We do not fund
- Organizations that are not tax-exempt under Section 501(c)(3) of the IRS code or are private foundations under Section 509(a) of the code. Applicants with a fiscal sponsor must contact the Foundation office.
- Religious programs
- Annual giving campaigns
- Organizations with a project which may be aligned with the Foundation’s funding categories, but whose primary mission is not
- Organizations outside of New England, unless the project is 100% Maine based
- Public elementary and secondary schools
- Charter schools, although requests for startup funds are eligible
- Schools which receive financial support from a church or other religious organizations
- Health/Medical organizations with no licensed clinician
- Granted applicants may not submit a request within 24 months
- Declined applicants may not submit for the same project within 12 months
- We are unlikely to fund
- General operating expenses and/or administrative expenses (including ongoing salaries such as a percentage of an Executive Director's salary)
- Multi-year grants
- Re-granting projects
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Davis Family Foundation Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.