Davis Family Foundation Grants
Davis Family FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: US $500 - US $50,000
Next deadline: Nov 10, 2019 2:00pm PST
Later deadlines: Feb 10, 2020 2:00pm PST, May 10, 2020 2:00pm PDT, Aug 10, 2020 2:00pm PDT
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Project / Program, Biomedical
Location of project: Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont Show all
Location of residency: Preferred: Maine Other eligible locations: Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont Show allView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
The Davis Family Foundation is a public charitable foundation established by Phyllis C. Davis and H. Halsey Davis of Falmouth, Maine, to support educational, medical and cultural/arts organizations located primarily in Maine.
The Foundation only supports organizations whose primary purpose falls within one of the following categories:
Educational Organizations Colleges, universities, and other educational institutions. (Grants are not made to public elementary and secondary schools, nor to schools that receive financial support from a church or other religious organization. Trustees will consider requests from other educational organizations whose purpose is to promote systemic change in education or provide innovative programs whose objectives are to improve education.)
Educational Priorities: In addition to the regular areas of giving, the Foundation is particularly interested in three priority areas:
- Early childhood education programs that promote school readiness and grade level reading by end of 3rd grade
- Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) programs that teach and engage students
- Middle school programs that offer effective alternative methods of education
Medical Organizations: hospitals, clinics and medical research organizations. Grant requests will also be considered from other similar health organizations for programs designed to increase the effectiveness or decrease the cost of medical care.
Cultural/Arts Organizations: organizations whose customary and primary activity is to promote music, theater, drama, history, literature, the arts or other similar cultural activities.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Organizations determined to be tax-exempt under Section 501(c)(3) of the IRS code and "not a private foundation" under Section 509(a) of the code are eligible to apply for funding.
- The foundation supports predominantly Maine-based organizations. Rarely are grants awarded to organizations in other New England states.
- The foundation does not accept applications from organizations outside of New England.
- Grants are not made to public elementary and secondary schools, nor to schools that receive financial support from a church or other religious organizations.
- The Foundation does not make grants to individuals, religious programs or fellowships.
- The Foundation does not normally provide support for annual giving campaigns or general operating needs (including ongoing salary).
- Grants to endowment campaigns have a low priority.
- Unless there are compelling reasons to do so, the Foundation does not award multiple-year grants.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Davis Family Foundation Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.