DCCF Community Grants
Douglas County Community Foundation (Kansas)Suggest an update
Next anticipated deadline: Sep 3, 2020 9:59pm PDT
Later anticipated deadlines: Feb 3, 2021 3:00pm PST
Grant amount: US $1,000 - US $15,000
Fields of work: Youth Services Child Welfare Services Community Development & Revitalization Health & Medicine Environment Education Real Estate & Housing Human & Social Services Show all
Applicant type: Indigenous Group, Government Entity, Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Project / Program
Location of project: Douglas County, Kansas
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save
About this funder:
Our Community Grants support a wide range of local projects in the areas of arts and culture, children and youth, community development, education, health, housing and human services.
Community Grant Guidelines
The goal of the DCCF Community Grants program is to improve the lives of Douglas County, Kansas residents. We support a wide variety of activities in the following areas:
- Arts and Culture
- Children and Youth
- Community Development
- Human Services
Favored activities are those that:
- Provide a substantial benefit
- Produce meaningful, measurable results
- Include a plan to measure results
- Build self-sufficiency and help attract additional funds and resources for the participants or organization
- Assist with or promote collaboration among nonprofits to minimize duplication
In addition, the foundation is more likely to fund requests that:
- Are clearly and concisely described
- Are based on complete and clear income and expense projections
- Do not require recurring DCCF funding for the same project or purpose
- Reasonably ensure continued support after foundation funding is no longer available
- Are proposed by organizations that demonstrate sound financial practices and strong staff and volunteer support
NOTE: Applications may be submitted until 11:59 p.m.on the due date. However, we strongly recommend that you submit your application by 4:00 p.m.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- All 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations, tribal entities and local governments may apply.
- Work must primarily benefit residents of Douglas County, Kansas.
- Organizations must conduct business without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or national origin.
- Generally, grants are not awarded for:
- Purchase of tickets or tables at special events, memberships, or advertising
- Annual campaigns
- Endowment fund
- Event sponsorships
- Fundraising events
- Religious purposes
- Lobbying or political activities prohibited by the IRS
- Debt retirement
Want to discover new grants?
See how we help our customers save time and find new funding by trying out Instrumentl for 14-days free or learn more.
“This is the best foundation match & grant tracking tool I've used in my many years of fundraising.”