DCCF Community Grants
Douglas County Community Foundation (Kansas)
Grant amount: US $1,000 - US $10,000
Next deadline: Sep 4, 2018 2:00pm PDT
Later deadlines: Feb 1, 2019 2:00pm PST
Applicant type: Indigenous Group Government Entity College / University Nonprofit Elementary / Secondary School
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Douglas County, Kansas
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
We are here to help you do good and strengthen Douglas County's nonprofits. We do this by making grants, hosting training and building organization endowments.
Community Grant Guidelines
The goal of the DCCF Community Grants program is to improve the lives of Douglas County, Kansas residents. We support a wide variety of activities in the following areas:
- Arts and Culture
- Children and Youth
- Community Development
- Human Services
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Proposal must come from a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, tribal entity or local government.
- Proposal must be for work that primarily benefits residents of Douglas County, Kansas.
- Organization must conduct business without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or national origin.
- Favored activities are those that:
- Provide a substantial benefit
- Produce meaningful, measurable results
- Include a plan to measure results
- Build self-sufficiency and help attract additional funds and resources for the participants or organization
- Assist with or promote collaboration among nonprofits to minimize duplication
- In addition, the foundation is more likely to fund requests that:
- Are clearly and concisely described
- Are based on complete and clear income and expense projections
- Do not require recurring DCCF funding for the same project or purpose
- Reasonably ensure continued support after foundation funding is no longer available
- Are proposed by organizations that demonstrate sound financial practices and strong staff and volunteer support
- Generally, grants are not awarded for:
- Purchase of tickets or tables at special events, memberships, or advertising
- Annual campaigns
- Endowment funds
- Religious purposes
- Lobbying or political activities prohibited by the IRS
- Debt retirement
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the DCCF Community Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.