DCF Capital Grants
Delaware Community FoundationSuggest an update
Anticipated deadline: Nov 22, 2020 1:00pm PST
Grant amount: US $5,000 - US $25,000
Fields of work: Real Estate & Housing Environmental Conservation Humanities & Social Science Community Development & Revitalization Animal Welfare - General Environment Art & Culture Human & Social Services Health & Medicine Show all
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Capital Project
Location of project: Delaware
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save
About this funder:
The DCF supports projects that have a lasting, positive impact on the population or region served by the applicant organization. The DCF defines capital as “construction, major renovation or repair of buildings and/or the purchase of land.” Capital grants typically range from $5,000 to $20,000, with a maximum award of $25,000.
Funding for Grants
Funding for capital grants is provided primarily through the State of Delaware Fund, which was created in 1989 with a $2 million appropriation from the Delaware General Assembly. Additional funding for capital grants is provided by the Foundation’s unrestricted and field-of-interest funds.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Only 501(c)3 nonprofit organizations within the State of Delaware and those outside the state that benefit Delawareans are eligible to apply.
- What We Support
- The Foundation supports organizations and programs throughout the State of Delaware that address a wide range of community needs, including, but not limited to, health and human services, the arts, humanities and culture, the environment, animal welfare, housing and community development.
- What We Don’t Support
- Non-501(c)3 nonprofit organizations
- Sports clubs, leagues or facilities
- Educational institutions
- Religious organizations for sectarian purposes
- (However, projects that serve the entire community, regardless of religious affiliation, are eligible for support.)
- Purchase of office equipment, furniture or electronics
- Purchase of vehicles (i.e. mobile machines that transport people or cargo)
- Annual fundraising campaigns or general operating expenses
- Projects completed before June 30, 2018
- Special events
- Debt reduction
- Capital grant recipients must wait for the completion of two capital grant-making cycles before applying for another capital grant.
Want to discover new grants?
See how we help our customers save time and find new funding by trying out Instrumentl for 14-days free or learn more.
“This is the best foundation match & grant tracking tool I've used in my many years of fundraising.”