DCF Capital Grants
Delaware Community FoundationSuggest an update
Predicted deadline: Nov 6, 2021 3:00pm PDT
Grant amount: Up to US $20,000
Fields of work: Real Estate & Housing Environmental Conservation Humanities & Social Science Community Development & Revitalization Animal Welfare - General Environment Art & Culture Human & Social Services Health & Medicine Show all
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Capital Project
Location of project: Delaware
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save
About this funder:
The DCF supports projects that have a lasting, positive impact on the population or region served by the applicant organization.
The DCF defines capital as “construction, major renovation or repair of buildings and/or the purchase of land.” Capital grants typically range from $5,000 to $20,000, with a maximum award of $25,000.
Funding for Grants
Funding for capital grants is provided primarily through the State of Delaware Fund, which was created in 1989 with a $2 million appropriation from the Delaware General Assembly. Additional funding for capital grants is provided by the Foundation’s unrestricted and field-of-interest funds.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Only 501(c)3 nonprofit organizations within the State of Delaware and those outside the state that benefit Delawareans are eligible to apply.
- What We Support
- The Foundation supports organizations and programs throughout the State of Delaware that address a wide range of community needs, including, but not limited to, health and human services, the arts, humanities and culture, the environment, animal welfare, housing and community development.
- What We Don’t Support
- Non-501(c)3 nonprofit organizations
- Sports clubs, leagues or facilities
- Educational institutions
- Religious organizations for sectarian purposes
- (However, projects that serve the entire community, regardless of religious affiliation, are eligible for support.)
- Purchase of office equipment, furniture or electronics
- Purchase of vehicles (i.e. mobile machines that transport people or cargo)
- Annual fundraising campaigns or general operating expenses
- Projects completed before June 30, 2018
- Special events
- Debt reduction
- Capital grant recipients must wait for the completion of two capital grant-making cycles before applying for another capital grant.