Deacon Charitable Foundation Grant
Deacon Charitable Foundation
Grant amount: US $500 - US $10,000
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Training / Capacity Building, Capital Project, General Operating Expense, Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Preferred: Counties in California: Orange County, Sacramento County, Multnomah County, Oregon, King County, Washington Other eligible locations: California, Oregon, Washington
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
NOTE: At this time, grant applications are accepted by invitation only. If you fulfill the eligibility requirements described in our Support Guidelines, and you wish to be considered for funding, please contact the Giving Committee Chair at the Deacon office closest to where your organization provides services.
Our charitable mission is to improve the quality of life in the communities where we live and work by supporting organizations that address vital community needs and issues in the areas of human services, animal welfare and the environment.
The Deacon Charitable Foundation offers a grant program that is designed to meet needs identified and brought to our attention by nonprofit organizations and our employees. We recognize the importance of all charities and support many nonprofit agencies and community programs throughout Washington, Oregon and California. The following information explains our procedures and guidelines regarding submission of a request for funding from the Deacon Charitable Foundation.
- affordable housing; and
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- To be eligible to apply for a Deacon Charitable Foundation grant, organizations must:
- Have 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status and a valid Tax Exempt ID number
- Request support for work in Washington, Oregon or California
- Have programs serving at least one of the focus areas established by our employees:
- Domestic Violence
- Provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals in leadership, staffing and service, regardless of race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, gender identity, marital status, veteran status or any other status protected by law
- Not require attendance at or participation in religious/faith activities as a condition of service delivery nor require adherence to religious/faith beliefs as a condition of service or employment
- Have no other pending proposals under consideration by the Deacon Charitable Foundation (only one application from an organization will be considered at one time)
- Programs that serve communities close to the Deacon offices, located in Seattle, Portland, Sacramento, and Irvine, will have the greatest chance of being funded
- The Deacon Charitable Foundation generally does not fund the following:
- Direct grants, scholarships or loans to individuals
- General fund drives, annual appeals, special events or sponsorships
- Elimination of operating deficits
- Projects of sectarian or religious organizations that principally benefit their own members or adherents
- Direct replacement funding for activities previously supported by federal, state, or local public sources
- Grantee cannot expend any part of the grant in a way that violates its tax-exempt status
- Political parties and trade associations
- Organizations that discriminate by race, creed, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion or national origin, disability or veteran status
- Advertising and promotion
- Team sponsorships or individual teams
- Private or family foundations
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Deacon Charitable Foundation Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.